Help ! Jeep won't start..maybe fuel pump/filter related??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How come? What did you guys find or not find? When you have a no start, remember you need 4 things to make it run. Air, got plenty of that, fuel(fuel pressure, and fuel delivery), compression, and ignition. Miss one of those, and no go. If you got fuel pressure, then you can rule out the pump. Does it have spark at the coil? Check compression, all cylinders to be safe. If it still dont start, see if the injectors are working. One of those has to be missing if it wont run.

Liberty02sport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the call from the stealership this a.m.and the verdict is a faulty fuelinjector driver in the PCM for cylinder #5 along with a bad oxy sensor. Total cost will be $900 including the tow to the dealership, diagnostics, labor and the parts.

...And on a crappier note ....I had stopped at local dealer to arrange for pickup of the Jeep this past friday and while we were out my garage was broken into and my entire toolbox was stolen along with the floorjack. Ain't this a B!$tch... So until the ins. comes thru I am without tools.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the engine turns over but will not start, missing the engine, fuel or compression. It works well, but suddenly stopped? The most likely causes here would be a failed fuel pump, ignition module or broken timing belt in general. It was the engine get progressively harder to start? If so, consider the engine maintenance and repair history.

In an old engine with a carburetor, pump the throttle linkage and look for fuel jets in the mouth of the carburetor. No fuel? Possible causes are a bad mechanical fuel pump, stuck needle valve in the carburetor, a fuel line or clogged fuel filter. have it check and here's some guides on how to check and how to replace a fuel filter lines..
Didn't you read what you quoted? It was fix and no timing belt in a 3.7,no ignition module,and no carb.