help identify these 2 parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

omega48er

Reaction score
hi guys,
i just purchased a 03 jeep liberty and soon after i was getting a lot of smoke from the engine.
i decided to do an oil and spark plug change.
replaced the oil BLACK AS NIGHT, with mobile 1 synthetic and autolite plugs

when i took a look, the old owner use the wrong coolant, so i replaced!

while i was in there i decided to take out the throttle body and clean it. wow it was dirty.

now while i was in there, i found thede 2 broken parts.
1 goes into the air box near the coolant overflow tank
and the other comes out of the throttle body and is connected to a t connector (the silicone connector is cracked )

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for any help

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May be able to find them on rockauto.com. Most times they have some good diagrams/pics so you know what youre getting. I just ordered some vacuum hoses for one of my jeeps from there actually. Worked out great.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hose going into the throttle body box is the valve breather hose. Just replace it with some hose (I used heater hose) and check the other side too as it is probably cracked as well.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well instead of starting a new thread, I'll just ask here in keeping up the theme of"IDENTIFY THIS" I have had a rough couple days so if this is obvious forgive my ignorance!

What is this lever? No wires, no microswitch that I can see, no cable attached?At least not on my Liberty.Just a spring loaded Lever?
Thanks in advance

You must be registered for see images

Bert

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well instead of starting a new thread, I'll just ask here in keeping up the theme of"IDENTIFY THIS" I have had a rough couple days so if this is obvious forgive my ignorance!

What is this lever? No wires, no microswitch that I can see, no cable attached?At least not on my Liberty.Just a spring loaded Lever?
Thanks in advance

You must be registered for see images

Bert
Haven't looked at mine but isn't that where the back glass hits the pad to close and lock it?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't looked at mine but isn't that where the back glass hits the pad to close and lock it?

Yep, that's what it is.

I got to know that part pretty well when I replaced my rear swing gate last fall. Bobobrino, what's the problem with the part?

Bob

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ya I forgot to mention that it is the Liftgate Glass Latch,which I did know. BUT I did mention I had a rough couple days, and, well, kind of embarrassing:emotions34: as I was reading Tom's post it dawned on me it's purpose. It is to push the glass out when the latch is released!See more explanation below.

Yep, that's what it is.

I got to know that part pretty well when I replaced my rear swing gate last fall. Bobobrino, what's the problem with the part?

Bob

Bob, nothing is wrong with this part. I am working on the microswitch from the tailgate handle ( Tailgate window latch - JeepForum.com ) and looked at this part (the rubber padded spring mechanism) and thought it was some kind of lever, to open something or trigger a switch of some sort, but now I realize I was way off base.

Thank you gentleman for responding, and let's forget I ever asked the question

:cheers:

:laughing1:

Bert