HELP! I Need an Owners Manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpnst

Reaction score
So when I bought my 05 CRD from carmax it did not have an owners manual. They told me to call DC and order one and they would pay for it, Great! Well DC is backordered on Diesel owners manuals and they have no idea when they might have them. Long story short is I have no idea about what fluids to use and when to change them. According to my EVIC I am coming up on a service interval. Any help on oil and fuel filter and what grade oil I need would be helpful.

Thanks

alljeep

Reaction score
alpnst said:
So when I bought my 05 CRD from carmax it did not have an owners manual. They told me to call DC and order one and they would pay for it, Great! Well DC is backordered on Diesel owners manuals and they have no idea when they might have them. Long story short is I have no idea about what fluids to use and when to change them. According to my EVIC I am coming up on a service interval. Any help on oil and fuel filter and what grade oil I need would be helpful.

Thanks

Change oil every 6,250 miles or 12,500 miles (schedule B vs. schedule A) most every one falls into the shorter interval. User manual calls for 6.4 quarts of 0W-40 or 5W-40 Full Synthetic Oil - most use 5W-40 Mobile One Full synthetic, or Shell Rotella-T 5W-40 Full synthetic.

Change front and rear differential oils every 12,500 miles - I did it, but I disagree with it as they were clean and nice. Normally 80W-90 Gear Lube. Can use Synthetic 75W-140.

Most important (in my opinion) Change air filter every 6,250 miles or 12,500 miles. If not, your turbo will try and pull air through the turbo seals (and get oil instead) as well as maybe collapse an air intake line. I do mine every 6000 miles. All turbo diesel vehicles need frequent air filter changes - even my father-in-laws 2000 Ford Excursion Powerstroke states to never go past 10,000 miles on an air filter.

Transmission - every 62,500 miles (why? don't know). Most go every 30,000 miles and then change the two filters in the transmission along with all 14 quarts of MOPAR ATF+4 fluid.

Transfer case - same - every 30,000 miles with ATF+4.

Not sure on coolant, maybe 60,000 miles, maybe 100,000 miles, not sure...

alpnst

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Everyhing you said was kind of what I was guessing, but I needed clarification. Thanks a bunch!!

GoodyearGuy

Reaction score
Online options

Hi - TechAuthority says it has an owner's manual ($26), but doesn't specify CRD -- You might look also on JustforJeeps, though my quick check didn't turn one up there. One more idea is to do a detailed Google search - someone might have one to share... Hard to believe they're not available in a PDF at least -- a full HTML version would also be pretty useful. Best of luck.

GG

rotaryno_more

Reaction score
Glad to see I'm not the only one. My 05 CRD which I bought used didn't have the manual either. I've tried ebay, google and countless dealers to no avail. Someone must be hoarding these damn things!!!!!
Thank you to everyone in this forum for getting me through my first oil change.
D

PS
Since this is my first 4x4 and I don't want to screw anything up drivetrain wise: whats the best way to put our Libby's in 4x4 (part time or full time)? No one's ever told me and I don't have a manual to guide me.

glaurick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be there. The glove Box has a sort of hidden compartment in the top of it that you'd never see if you didn't get down and look for. It could be in there (worth a shot) :-k

Latest posts

Members online