help i need a trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kev

Reaction score
help i live in a little town in ohio called middlefield and im looking to take a trip into PA but i want it to be like a back road or side road trip can anyone tell me what i should do

2006 KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
help i live in a little town in ohio called middlefield and im looking to take a trip into PA but i want it to be like a back road or side road trip can anyone tell me what i should do

where are you going in PA? i live about an 40 mins from you in jamestown PA (bottom of pymatuning lake).

kev

Reaction score
yea jamestown would b cool is there a place to camp and not a campground

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I just bought a tent and sleeping bags last night....been thinking about it for a while too :)

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Lol I just bought a tent and sleeping bags last night....been thinking about it for a while too :)

We had snow yesterday and -3° Celsius and now it's +4° Celsius and feels like Spring outside.
I need a vacation soon!
I too just bought some really nice camping equipment at cut rate winter prices and can't wait to get out and hurt myself even more! :D
Cabin fever is setting in!

kev

Reaction score
yea the gas prices r down and i tired of being shacked up in this damn house and i just bought new tires:)

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Wait till this June, and hit up the Easy Riders Rodeo in Butler at the Fairgrounds. I go there, and the one in Chillicothe'. Can find many back roads in PA, in fact, my GPS took me to one yesterday, and it was creepy, more unexpected though. It was a road, then went all dirt road for about 3/4 mile, winding left, with no guard rail on the right side, and was a drop-off, all the way down to Rt56. Also? Every single house there that had dogs, none of them were on chains, and almost ran over FOUR dogs yesterday... One caught my front left tire, I heard the dog run into it, and they followed me for about 100 yards each time. It was wet, muddy, and some ice, and was just totally unexpected that the GPS found that short-cut...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wait till this June, and hit up the Easy Riders Rodeo in Butler at the Fairgrounds. I go there, and the one in Chillicothe'. Can find many back roads in PA, in fact, my GPS took me to one yesterday, and it was creepy, more unexpected though. It was a road, then went all dirt road for about 3/4 mile, winding left, with no guard rail on the right side, and was a drop-off, all the way down to Rt56. Also? Every single house there that had dogs, none of them were on chains, and almost ran over FOUR dogs yesterday... One caught my front left tire, I heard the dog run into it, and they followed me for about 100 yards each time. It was wet, muddy, and some ice, and was just totally unexpected that the GPS found that short-cut...

I was in the Blue Ridge,Ga mtns, going to Helen and my GPS led me onto a 5 or 6 mile long dirt road. It was fun, except I wasn't in the KJsad2.gif, but the Durango. Got a small rock chip, but it still fun. At least I avoided to switch backs. Switchbacks and high profile SUVs don't mix well, or so I've heard.

kev

Reaction score
yea i was thinking about going in july cuz my work was a shut down week it would be cool if we all kinda met up and made a day out if it my jeeps all stock so we wouldnt be able to get too crazy

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had snow yesterday and -3° Celsius and now it's +4° Celsius and feels like Spring outside.
I need a vacation soon!
I too just bought some really nice camping equipment at cut rate winter prices and can't wait to get out and hurt myself even more! :D
Cabin fever is setting in!

We are thinking of going and camp out at the guadalupe river and do some tubbing there.

2006 KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kev, i know there are designated places to camp (both in and not in campgrounds) around Jamestown PA.. i'm just not sure where.. however pymatuning state park is very very large so i'm sure there is camping very close to the lake somewhere. i have close to 2 miles of trails in my woods if your looking to get off the road for a while...

let me know if you want more information.. i could stop by the park office sometime (it's only 2 miles from me)

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score

Sounds like Stephen King Country!
See anyone piloting a flying lawn tractor with green light emanating from the bottom? :D

We are thinking of going and camp out at the guadalupe river and do some tubbing there.

Yeah yeah, rub it in!
I gotta go outside now to patch my Igloo before it caves in and spoils all me Seal meat and my pet Polar bear gets grouchy 'cause I didn't give him his Kibbles and bits! :D:D:D

kev

Reaction score
yea that sounds good i start planning around july will my jeep make it in ur trails?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
kev, i know there are designated places to camp (both in and not in campgrounds) around Jamestown PA.. i'm just not sure where.. however pymatuning state park is very very large so i'm sure there is camping very close to the lake somewhere. i have close to 2 miles of trails in my woods if your looking to get off the road for a while...

let me know if you want more information.. i could stop by the park office sometime (it's only 2 miles from me)

Pymatuning State Park looks like a very beautiful place.
I'd like to make it out there with my family sometime in my life time.

Latest posts

Members online