HELP ! - Dash Lights and Trailer Running Lights out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

feetwet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trailer running lights and my dashboard illumination lights went out last night when towing.. I can't find any bad fuses.. need help troubleshooting.

The interior (i.e. dome) lights still work but I can't see the speedometer at night since it has gone "dark".

Hazard lights still light up the trailer lights.

I think I've checked all of the fuses and all seem ok so far.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably wouldnt tell them you had a trailer hooked up at the time. They will look for any reason to say its your fault.

Just say the dash lights dont work anymore.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
It's still (barely) under warranty.. I'll take it in if it's not a fuse type fix.

Well, if it's still under warranty and qualifies and it's a factory installed trailer wiring kit, you don't really have anything to worry about!
On the other hand, if a second party installed the trailer wiring kit, you will have to take your truck back to the company that installed it for you. Then, let them sort it out and make sure you get everything in writing to cover your ass.
If, you installed the trailer wiring kit, then go over the wiring install with a fine tooth comb and see if you can find the problem.