Hello from PL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Belzebud

Reaction score
Hi, I've got a KJ 2.4. It was quite fun and never failed. Now it's starting to shout the age and 350k.
I hope I'll get a clearer idea what to do with it. Rebuild the engine and trans (maybe switch to NSG370?) or been done with it and get a Yaris, save up and buy a newer fancier all electronics imitation of a SUV..
Glad I found the forum ;)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
What year is your in line 4 cylinder ?
Could you re-build the engine yourself?

Belzebud

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
What year is your in line 4 cylinder ?
Could you re-build the engine yourself?

It's a 2002.
I'd love to rebuild it (I'm working slowly on my XTZ 750), but I don't have much spare time or the space. So I'd have to get somebody to work on it.

Belzebud

Reaction score
Thanks, found it while doing my initial forum search :)
The big question how far gone is the engine? :)

What year is the CB?

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
350,000 Is a lot of miles! Bearings, rings, boring or liner replacement, pistons, timing chain, valves, cam bearings... Are there replaceable cam bearings?

What about a rebuilt engine; or junkyard. Swap & go!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, found it while doing my initial forum search :)
The big question how far gone is the engine? :)

What year is the CB?
Tearing it down for a rebuild is fun fun fun, yes sometimes it's easier to do a complete swap.
Jasper engines is the best way to go. They rebuild with upgraded & quality parts!
Then you are good to go for many years & miles ahead.

My bike is not stock by any means.
Its a 4 cylinder 1980 CB650 Custom.
900F custom tank, corbin seat, 4-into 1 headers Stage3 +++ engine fully re-built.:cool:
You must be registered for see images attach

Belzebud

Reaction score
350,000 Is a lot of miles! Bearings, rings, boring or liner replacement, pistons, timing chain, valves, cam bearings... Are there replaceable cam bearings?

What about a rebuilt engine; or junkyard. Swap & go!
Well it's km not miles, I had the 300k km mark in my head from the last MOT check. Did one last week and currently 222k miles, 357k km.
You touched the big question if it is reasonably doable?
Rebuilt engines in PL don't really exist. Used engines are rather a lottery with little chances of success.

Is it possible to switch the 2.4L to the 3.7? If I understood correctly the transmissions have the same mounting bolts, would kind of like to stay with the manual.
Swapping for the 3.7 would be great, as they're easier to find and replacement parts are much more accessible.

Tearing it down for a rebuild is fun fun fun, yes sometimes it's easier to do a complete swap.
Jasper engines is the best way to go. They rebuild with upgraded & quality parts!
Then you are good to go for many years & miles ahead.

My bike is not stock by any means.
Its a 4 cylinder 1980 CB650 Custom.
900F custom tank, corbin seat, 4-into 1 headers Stage3 +++ engine fully re-built.:cool:
You must be registered for see images attach
Rebuild/swap would be fun, but for that I'd need to do it myself and that's not an option for now.
Jasper don't ship to EU from what I see...

Latest posts

Members online