Hello from NW IL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S3bird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello

After lurking around different Jeep forums I finally pulled the trigger on my first Jeep, a 2007 Liberty Limited. As of now it's stone stock and will probably be that way until at least after the holidays. (would love a cold air kit and some tow hooks)

Anyway I've always wanted a Jeep and was looking into buying an Older Cherokee with the 4.0 but after much debate with the wife I went with something much newer as this will be my daily driver when I can't ride my motorcycle (Husky TR650 Terra). I've barely driven it but it looks like the rear hatch solenoid is either dirty or shot as the glass doesn't seem to want to stay shut.

Either way I'm pretty excited

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello

After lurking around different Jeep forums I finally pulled the trigger on my first Jeep, a 2007 Liberty Limited. As of now it's stone stock and will probably be that way until at least after the holidays. (would love a cold air kit and some tow hooks)

Anyway I've always wanted a Jeep and was looking into buying an Older Cherokee with the 4.0 but after much debate with the wife I went with something much newer as this will be my daily driver when I can't ride my motorcycle (Husky TR650 Terra). I've barely driven it but it looks like the rear hatch solenoid is either dirty or shot as the glass doesn't seem to want to stay shut.

Either way I'm pretty excited

Welcome
Rear hatch , clean well and use some good penetrating oil on it, they get dirty and stick at times, try that first
CAI? save your money for other mods, won't do a thing to the 3.7s

S3bird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome
Rear hatch , clean well and use some good penetrating oil on it, they get dirty and stick at times, try that first
CAI? save your money for other mods, won't do a thing to the 3.7s

Thanks for the heads up on the CAI, I was figuring it was going to be a gas hog.

Anyway I will give it a good shot of penetrating oil tonight. I was fumbling around in the dark but finally got it closed last night after way too many attempts.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and I see you are already getting good help/advise.

Dave

S3bird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that this is a really open ended question but does anybody have a recommendation for spreader bars that will work with the factory installed roof rack? I saw a DIY conduit plan on one of the threads but I would really like them to be quickly removable. I'm finding Mopar 2008-2012 KK versions online but no KJ's.

One more dumb question, how do you guys haul 2x4x8's? I talking of maybe a handful at a time, would you haul it on the roof or run it through the interior with the rear window opened? I imagine the best way to haul a sheet of plywood is probably to borrow my Pop's truck ;-)

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that this is a really open ended question but does anybody have a recommendation for spreader bars that will work with the factory installed roof rack? I saw a DIY conduit plan on one of the threads but I would really like them to be quickly removable. I'm finding Mopar 2008-2012 KK versions online but no KJ's.

One more dumb question, how do you guys haul 2x4x8's? I talking of maybe a handful at a time, would you haul it on the roof or run it through the interior with the rear window opened? I imagine the best way to haul a sheet of plywood is probably to borrow my Pop's truck ;-)
for the 2x4x8s I don't even fold down the rear seats. They stick right up to the dash with the rear glass closed. Just gotta be careful shifting haha

S3bird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my own little world my Pop finally got to check it out and take it for a short drive. He seemed to really like it. BTW him and I are more motorcycle/car guys just dipping our toes into 4wd.

I've spent a little more time driving it and I've got to say it's pretty easy to park and has a pretty tight turning radius for what it is. It does seem to bounce around a bit but I really don't have anything to compare it too. The heater and the heated seats both put out some BTU's and the seats are comfortable in general...it's been easy to live with so far

S3bird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the 2x4x8s I don't even fold down the rear seats. They stick right up to the dash with the rear glass closed. Just gotta be careful shifting haha
Thanks for the heads up, I enjoy building things and plan on hauling lumber with it at some point, but it's usually .75" stock in various lengths.

Also been looking for a basket to plug into the receiver for hauling my snowblower (2 stage). I take care of my Mom's place and never had a way to get it over there before. I know that my back will thank me

No worries about shifting, this is my first automatic anything ;-)