Hello anyone from Fayetteville Arkansas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanting some more info on the area, living conditions, good / bad areas, good bad things about the area. Would you move there....
Just things like that

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Practice the phrase "Woooooooooooooo Piiiiiiiiggggggg SOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEE".....you'll need it...

joeysjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't live there but have lots of friends that do it's a college town so be prepared to party lol Dixon at is a great place to pub crawl and they have some great trails to drive and some really twisty roads just watch your speed on I540 I got a 140 in a 70 zone ticket cost me 1500 and suspended DL west fork is just down the road and pretty low key oh and the traffic is a birch. But beaver lake is a blast and you are 2.5 hours from Branson and about an hour from eureka springs which is really pretty and it snows there too lol.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't live there but have lots of friends that do it's a college town so be prepared to party lol Dixon at is a great place to pub crawl and they have some great trails to drive and some really twisty roads just watch your speed on I540 I got a 140 in a 70 zone ticket cost me 1500 and suspended DL west fork is just down the road and pretty low key oh and the traffic is a birch. But beaver lake is a blast and you are 2.5 hours from Branson and about an hour from eureka springs which is really pretty and it snows there too lol.

Thanks for the info, yes knew it was a " college town"
One of the reasons its on a short list for us possibly, wife teaches university level . She lived through a few years at Ohio University , now that is a aprty town. Their Halloween Parties are famous world wide LOL

joeysjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol yes they are there is also A State here in jonesboro lol not as big of a school as UofA but me and blue_kjr417 are here lol

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol yes they are there is also A State here in jonesboro lol not as big of a school as UofA but me and blue_kjr417 are here lol

Thats great not sure if they teach what she does there, have to check into it more . But , who knows, ready for a change possibly, She has twenty plus years to work yet so finding her a home. Me, being semi retired I can go anywhere doesn't matter
But of course have to move John3:17 with me I guess :icon_lol::icon_lol:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
She lived through a few years at Ohio University , now that is a aprty town. Their Halloween Parties are famous world wide LOL

That's funny, was there at Halloween by accident a few years ago. It was amazing. Blocked off the whole town I think. I liked the school but didn't make my daughter's short list. :shrug:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
That's funny, was there at Halloween by accident a few years ago. It was amazing. Blocked off the whole town I think. I liked the school but didn't make my daughter's short list. :shrug:

Yes Athens is a really good school, too bad it didn't make her final decision place to go. My wife received her Masters there and also taught there for a while. Small town for sure, but overall a laid back area . Lots of people in the 70s ( and well later ) came to college there and never left. :icon_lol:Lots of small businesses owned by them in the area.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes Athens is a really good school, too bad it didn't make her final decision place to go. My wife received her Masters there and also taught there for a while. Small town for sure, but overall a laid back area . Lots of people in the 70s ( and well later ) came to college there and never left. :icon_lol:Lots of small businesses owned by them in the area.

They do have a great reputation. Given the choice that's the kind of place I would have chosen. Town was great and the rural areas around it were appealing to me. She liked it alot but was looking for something smaller but closer to a bigger city. Just can't tell them anything at that age but she did okay. :shrug:

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Come on to Arkansas tom tons of trails here in the natural state and we could always use more lifted kj's! What does you wife teach? My mom is and adjunct professor at Arkansas State here in Jonesboro. Jonesboro is a great place to live! Exceptionally low cost of living in comparison to the high wages of the local economy, ranked in the top of the nation for strong and thriving economy with small town values.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually looked at one in Florida, I would never be happy there. :thumbsdown:
Also a few other places, just wouldn't like her to be back at Harvard or Boston Univeritys teaching. Fun place to visit but parking/ getting around Boston is a pain I think, although she didn't think so. :shrug::icon_lol:
She is also looking at Washington area ( state not DC area ) now that would be a LOOOOOOOONG drive for ya!
Boston is easy! As long as you don't plan on driving that is haha.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Linguistics, notably English to foreign students and Swahili ( her native language) Taught at Harvard, Boston and Ohio Universities here in the US and then back in her home country as well
Shes applied so we'll see, I'm applying for some out there as well
Family not happy , John is not happy but......LOL

I'm sure Arkansas State has some sort of position in that area, they have a very large portion of Chinese and middle eastern students who could use a course or two!

Latest posts

Members online