Hellllppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tboz34

Reaction score
I have an '03, 148,000 miles, when going down the road step on the gas to pass another car, the RPMs get to about 2800-3000 and it cuts out my radio brake light indicator comes on. When driving at night my lights get bright sometimes even blowing the driver side head light (all the day things happen at night too).
It runs fine while all this is going on.

I'm sure I need to take it in, but looking for some feed back, maybe suggestions, something!

Thanks, this is my first posts as I have enjoyed reading many of your hints and tips!

Thanks again

Terry

AZWFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got some electrical gremlins for sure. Voltage regulation issues? Maybe your alternator is going out. If you have a volt meter, measure the battery voltage with the engine off. (your battery terminals clean and tight?) Measure again with the engine on. You should read something like 12.3 to 12.8 VDC with the engine off for a while. Engine-on should be higher like- 13.4 to 14ish VDC.

tboz34

Reaction score
You got some electrical gremlins for sure. Voltage regulation issues? Maybe your alternator is going out. If you have a volt meter, measure the battery voltage with the engine off. (your battery terminals clean and tight?) Measure again with the engine on. You should read something like 12.3 to 12.8 VDC with the engine off for a while. Engine-on should be higher like- 13.4 to 14ish VDC.

Ok, thanks, I will let you know!