heater problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lukus

Reaction score
Hi,
I cant get the heather to get hot enough . I put new thermostat yesterday a bit better but still not warm enough .I bleed it after I fill it, every thing seem to be all right. Temp. of engine is normal. but the ac compressor keep clicking on an off. Don't know what else to do but its cold here in Canada -20 sometime and hope to be able to fix the problem with some help.
It's a 2003 Liberty 3.7 engine .
Thank you
Lou

mopar4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the hoses to your heater core hot or only 1 of them? Maybe your heater core is plugged?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!
How did you fill the system?
After filling did you run the Jeep with the reservoir cap off and continue to fill as it dropped?
When cold in the AM after sitting all night, make sure the reservoir is at the cold line.
I hope you used the factory Mopar thermostat & the proper HOAT or G-05 Zerex coolant.
When cold out the cycling of the compressor is normal.
I noticed yesterday my compressor would not even engage until the coolant temp hit 145F, a bit below the half mark on dash temp gauge.
Sometimes it takes a few days to get the air out, and re-filling or checking the cold reservoir line is important.
Air bleeding, use the top rad hose screw when hot, and release it slightly till some coolant is coming out free of bubbles. A steady little stream should then come out.
How many miles on your Jeep? Are you sure you have no leaks? Pressurization and a good water pump is mandatory for excellent heat, which the KJ normally has!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.