Headrest removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ol' Fart

Reaction score
Anyone know the secret? I have tried to remove the headrests from my '05 Limited, to install some billet aluminum spacers, without success. I pull up while holding the release botton in, goes up about 5" then stops...will not come out no matter what I do! Even the most simple things can become very complex! Any ideas would be appreciated. (Aeh) Doug

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I removed the rear seats all the time because they push against front when I fold them.. Never tried to remove the front ones..

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
it should just pull right off. might have changed something in 05's or what not.....but..doubt it.

unsure if it has 2 buttons tho

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it had a button for each pipe, I have to look at that..

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are 2 buttons you need to hold in on each head rest. I would love to meet the guy who thought that one up!

Ol' Fart

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, I figured it out finally. On each headrest there are two bottons, one on each side where the leg slides in however, one of them is almost flush with it's housing and is hard to see. When you pull the headrest up, that button moves out flush making it harder to see. Push that button in while lifting the headrest and, wallah...comes right out. For those inquisitive ones, the billet spacer is purely cosmetic. It just enhances the factory brushed aluminum-look trim that I have in my Limited. Thanks for the responses. Doug

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ol' Fart said:
Thanks for the help guys, I figured it out finally. On each headrest there are two bottons, one on each side where the leg slides in however, one of them is almost flush with it's housing and is hard to see. When you pull the headrest up, that button moves out flush making it harder to see. Push that button in while lifting the headrest and, wallah...comes right out. For those inquisitive ones, the billet spacer is purely cosmetic. It just enhances the factory brushed aluminum-look trim that I have in my Limited. Thanks for the responses. Doug

Pics?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think gallery requires approval by Benett? That's why they don't show yet?

You could have just added them to http://www.ImageShack.us

Latest posts

Members online