Headliner differences...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZERODSM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hacked up my headliner for me evic install way too much so I need a new headliner.....Its hard enough finding a headliner with a sunroof...let alone an evic cutout...

But I found a 03-04 headliner perfect shape for 75...has sunroof but no evic cutout again....good thing though is I can cut in the shape of the evic this time due to the mounting bracking being under it like in my 05....

Biggest question I have is....Are the headliners the same...like corners and stuff....I know sunroof vs non-sunroof should be the same except the hole lol....

Also does anyone else have a 2nd interior light in the cargo area...??? I got 1 pointing back behind the rear seats and 1 facing foward from the rear of the cargo area....

Please need info quick to tell the junk yard to pull the liner or not...Well first I need to trace and cut the headliner before they pull it...I'll be taking my evic to make sure I cut it just right....

Both headliners do NOT have the side curtain airbags...

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, can't answer your question, but you just brought up a great idea for me!

I have the EVIC lighting and one over the rear seat (with no on/off buttons)....

....but I also have the standard front light that I removed for the EVIC install. I think I am going to mount that one in the cargo area! It's always a little dim back there.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, here - IMO you'd want to cut the headliner in your vehicle.

If you have the black mounting bracket already in your KJ, you should just cut it .25" or so smaller on the inside. Trim as needed until the EVIC fits.

I'd be leery of cutting it in the donor vehicle in case it doesn't line up perfectly in yours.

ZERODSM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is since mine didnt come with the bracket factory its kinda hard to get 100% true center and get everything lined up....I put the bracket in and it was actually off to the left side by about a 1/2 inch when making my cuts thus I did it wrong....I figured cut it out of the donor vehicle which I know is 100% center...Then Just put it in mine...I would take my evic to make the cuts right...get it pulled out...put in mine...move my black plastic trim and evic together and push it into the roof...

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the bracket fit into some type of foam bolster?

In my 2007 I had to add the bracket. There was some kind of foam up there that the bracket fit into. Therefore, although I am about .25" off as well, I don't see any way that I could have shifted it over.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Far as I know a head liner without the sun roof and one with is different. Gotta fit that sun roof somewhere so the head liner is dropped down some.

ZERODSM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the headliner im getting has the sunroof already cutout...I just need to cut the evic hole....And also my 05 has 2 lights in the cargo area not 1....so I just need to cut a hole for that as well...I'll just lay my headliner over that one and trace it lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.