Having a hard time desciding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeeppowered

Reaction score
I am looking for tires for my 02 Limited and can not make up my mind on what to get.
It has a JBA 2 1/2 coilover kit with a-arms sitting at 22" on all 4 corners, I will be using the stock rims and have not tuned the pinch welds yet, but do own a bfh and heat gun, can lift it more if needed :gr_grin:
These are what I am looking at.

General Grabber AT2 - Free Delivery Available | TireBuyer.com

Mickey Thompson Baja Radial STZ - Free Delivery Available | TireBuyer.com
Was wondering how these will fit, performance, to big with out regearing so on, any input would be appreciated. Thanks Bob

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Should fit just fine with minor trimming and pinch weld flattening :waytogo: .... maybe a little rub on the sway bar at full lock.

There is a performance hit .. but it's not that drastic. Any larger and I would want to re-gear.

Last edited:

Jeeppowered

Reaction score
Thanks Luke figured I would have to do some adjusting, been doing a lot of reading wanted to make sure I was on the right path and want to do it right the first time.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Never was or will be a fan of the AT2 but size wise they will work. I wouldn't go 10 ply though, way too much IMO plus a lot heavier, you'll lose a lot of power and mileage

Jeeppowered

Reaction score
Hey Tom thanks for the info didn't even see they were 10 ply, guess I should not be ordering stuff at 3am.
Because they some how turned into DuraTracs :shrug: when I checked out.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Tom thanks for the info didn't even see they were 10 ply, guess I should not be ordering stuff at 3am.
Because they some how turned into DuraTracs :shrug: when I checked out.

Its simply amazing how some things happen at 3 AM:shrug::happy175:

Jeeppowered

Reaction score
Installed

LOL No doubt Tom think I actually found my jeep around that time.

Here are some pics of them installed. You guys called it dead on only rubbing so far has been at full lock which I don't do often because it gets me no where and makes me dizzy.

Haven't looked to see where its rubbing yet but best guess is sway bar like was mentioned, haven't done the pinch welds yet or trimmed anything.

As far as ride I believe they are the best tires I have ever had, noise is not bad at all.

Thanks for your input Tom/Luke and helping me make the right choice. :party52:

Attachments

• 20140802_153212.jpg
    20140802_153212.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20140802_153151.jpg
    20140802_153151.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 23

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've just purchased a set of BF Goodrich 245/75/R16 AT for my Liberty (2.5" lift).
I happen to think they look great for a great price.
You must be registered for see images attach

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is your opinion on the noise of those Duratracs? Mine are driving me crazy - I feel like I'm constantly driving on a bad hub bearing, lol

Jeeppowered

Reaction score
what is your opinion on the noise of those Duratracs? Mine are driving me crazy - I feel like I'm constantly driving on a bad hub bearing, lol

Not bad at all mine sound like a swarm of Bees, but I have just over 100 miles on them so not sure if they get louder with age or not.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
75,000 on my Duratracs and not loud at all
If you don't keep them rotated and correct tire pressure in them they will though
Mines rotated every 3-4000 miles

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine aren't really loud, just seem to have a hum or growl at different speeds. I've replaced wheel bearings, checked all the axles....I think I just need to get used to mud tires, lol.

I only have 2500 miles on them and have kept the pressure in check.

Anyways, didn't want to hijack, just asking....