Have you noticed how compact your KK is?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeeptarian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you noticed how compact your KK is?! I amazed how it fits in the small parking spaces we have today (in all dimensions--on streets and on parking lots), and how well it turns around on crowded/narrower streets. Its size also enables me to fit more stuff in my 2-car garage, while still leaving space for my 90s Grand Cherokee, 3 motorcycles, and my fold-up 3-motorcycle trailer, gardening and handyman stuff, etc, etc.

To me, it turns out that features that serve the KK Liberty reasonably well off road also serve it well in the city!

Your observations/comments, etc?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The KK is mildly longer than the KJ and I think they are both great for passenger comfort given their small footprint!

nws2002

Reaction score
I have to parallel park everyday at work, so I appreciate its small size and ease of parking.

Last week I drove a Chevy Tahoe as a rental vehicle, that thing felt like I was driving a schoolbus and it was a PITA to park anywhere.

Jeeptarian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've talked with several non-owners and they have mainly said things like "How big that Liberty is!", etc. I think the sort of taller profile look gives an illusion that the KK is longer and wider than it actually is.

k99jk99j

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the slightly bigger size than the kj. but i can still park it unlike some 1/2 ton pick-ups.

what i like about the kk compared to the kj is the huge improvement in the ride quality and the more refined interior.

both have the 3.7L but the kk's 3.7L is so much smoother also.

QuickSilver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People are always surprised at the tight turning radius of my KJ. Really compact for parking and turning around in a driveway or cul de sac

KKinAZ

Reaction score
Out performs similarly equipped JKU being shorter, narrower, tighter turning radius, and $10K cheaper.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are so many features/benefits of the KJ/KK Liberties that don't go noticed by the casual observer. People are constantly floored at how well my KJ drives on the highway on the way to trails - and then how well it performs off-road. Right up there with a lot of the Wranglers we see and it dusts the FJ Cruisers and others like them.

Then on the way to get a sandwich afterwards we turn into a parking spot that their Honda Civic couldn't get into without putting it in reverse and back forward again - my turning radius is better than theirs! :icon_biggrin:

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
what i like about the kk compared to the kj is the huge improvement in the ride quality and the more refined interior.

both have the 3.7L but the kk's 3.7L is so much smoother also.

I always thought it was the other way around

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I parked in a "Compact Only" spot the other day and really didn't have any trouble. Width was a little close, but the Jeep was easily short enough to fit in the space with no problems at all.