Hard time finding common mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been searching around the internet for things like cowl induction hoods, extra wide fender flares, other cool things that have been around years.

It seems like a lot of sites carry items for every other jeep besides the KJ.

I'm begining to feel like an outcast. It's like the KJ isn't a real Jeep and people don't take it offroading.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been searching around the internet for things like cowl induction hoods, extra wide fender flares, other cool things that have been around years.

I'm begining to feel like an outcast. It's like the KJ isn't a real Jeep and people don't take it offroading.
here's your hoods.......
You must be registered for see images

Here's there web site.....
http://www.profinish-proglass.com/AboutUs.htm

There is another one out there also.

No need for flares,the KJ has some on it already,some extended metal flares are in the works;).You just need to look around and you will find many things out there.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Special made for a SEMA show.

I knew I saw that 2 dr KJ somewhere before. SEMA show pic's.

It kinda looks like a Ford Bronco II from the windshield back.

Dave

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you feel like an outcast, put on a 2.5" - 3" lift kit, a set of 31" - 32" tires on a set of 16X7 rims with 4.5" back spacing , rock bars, skid plates, aftermarket steel bumpers, winch, and you'll fit right in with the other Jeeps.

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I enjoy being 'unique.' Anyone can buy a wrangler and mod it since everyone in the world makes stuff for it. With the liberty, you can piece everything together and make it your own Jeep, not a cookie cutter Jeep.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I enjoy being 'unique.' Anyone can buy a wrangler and mod it since everyone in the world makes stuff for it. With the liberty, you can piece everything together and make it your own Jeep, not a cookie cutter Jeep.

The JK has as much aftermarket support for the TJ and its been out for less than one year. Its like there making parts for it before they even are produced. It took 1.5-2 years before they starting making a decent lift for the KJ, thanks to All J's.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didnt say it had anything to do with the tj being out longer. The jk's main purpose is offroading and the kj's isnt(well, some people think its not). Alot of people dont know that back in 02 the liberty was said to be a better offroader than a tj. Then the Rubicon came out. ;)

Now if we could only get MotorTrend to understand the wrangler isnt made to cruise the HW. All they do is complain about how bad the ride is. :rolleyes:

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the hood in the pic, above. I'm just not crazy about it. I might end up making something myself.

I saw one KJ running around here locally that had a nice cowl induction hood, but you could tell that was a one off.

I think if the KJ was marked more as an offroader there would be some nice products for it. In fact, I've heard of it as being referred to as a 'girl's jeep'.

I've like the looked and styling of it ever since it came out.

I think there is some real potential for it.

BTW, a 2.5" lift is definitely going into my Libby sooner or later.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the hood in the pic, above. I'm just not crazy about it. I might end up making something myself.

I saw one KJ running around here locally that had a nice cowl induction hood, but you could tell that was a one off.

I think if the KJ was marked more as an offroader there would be some nice products for it. In fact, I've heard of it as being referred to as a 'girl's jeep'.

I've like the looked and styling of it ever since it came out.

I think there is some real potential for it.

BTW, a 2.5" lift is definitely going into my Libby sooner or later.

The Jeep Compass is the girl's Jeep. The tards at Motor Trend judge everything as if it's a Honda. Or at least seem biased towards Honda.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tards at Motor Trend judge everything as if it's a Honda. Or at least seem biased towards Honda.

Just like Consumer Reports..The "Tards" at MT are "******" with the "Tards" at CR.....:D

Dave

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there an unbiased magazine that looks at vehicle and judges them as they are intended to be used. Instead of trying to compare the slalom speed of a Grand Caravan to the towing capacity of a M5.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there an unbiased magazine that looks at vehicle and judges them as they are intended to be used. Instead of trying to compare the slalom speed of a Grand Caravan to the towing capacity of a M5.

I don't think so. As far as straight unbiased info, I think Allpar.com has good unbiased info. But that is not a magazine.

Dave

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I apologize for contributing to the thread jack but has anyone read TruckTrend? Is worth looking into?

Latest posts

Members online