Had my liberty for a month

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zoomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 2010 liberty about a month ago. Really love that car. My son hit a parked car with it last week. He's ok but I go later today to see if they write off the jeep:(

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on the Jeep, but clearly by calling it a car you've angered the Jeep gods :)

Welcome to the site, and Jeeps aren't cars :D

zoomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's a good boy, good grades, steady job, accepted to university next year. just a momentary laps......Remember being 18?

Sorry about the car reference, I was going to type vehicle but I took the short cut. Won't happen again. It is defiantly a jeep.

The camera is in the car and I may be able to see it later today or tomorrow. Pictures to follow.

thanks for providing a place to vent.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The important thing is that your son is ok. The jeep can be fixed/replaced.

Dave

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
He's a good boy, good grades, steady job, accepted to university next year. just a momentary laps......Remember being 18?

Oh absolutely. In fact...ThunderbirdJunkie probably did worse to his parents' cars more than a few times(rotflmao)
That's why ThunderbirdJunkie blamed it on the Jeep gods and not your son:)

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oooh, single vehicle accident... hitting stationary objects. Hard to pass of blame on that one! :D

Glad he's ok. How many summers is he going to be delivering newspapers to pay for the damage?

zoomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures, as promised. btw I only put three tanks of gas into her.

You guys and gals should feel safe in these things. This is 30mph into a parked car. Drivers airbag went off and he came out of it with only marks on his inner arms in the shape of the stiching of the airbag.

You must be registered for see images attach

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Wow, that is depressing. Glad to hear he is ok, but...a parked car, that is some good destruction there

Moab

Reaction score
WOW I bet the parked car didn't fair well either.
Glad to hear your son's OK.
Now I hope you get her fixed or replaced with...another JEEP:D

zoomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya upgrade would be nice, but I just bought it and it's already a 2010. I'm pretty sure I'm going to take a hit with the insurance company, for the tax at least. I'll be thrilled if I can get into the same jeep without paying too much more than tax again. (it's 13% here btw). If it's much more than that, I may be going down to an 09. They have a nice Sport with the North package on site. I'll keep you posted on how it shakes out.

zoomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Latest Pictures of Tear Down

Here's the latest. This is at the dealership, torn down for assessment. They think they are going to fix it. $10,000 repair to a $21,000 truck.

Insurance guy needs to look at it and agree, then they start the work. 1.5 weeks if they get the parts.

Attachments

• IMG00056-20100611-1124.jpg
    IMG00056-20100611-1124.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 23

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With that much repair to the front end she may never run the same again. Especially since there could be damage that is not visible to the (un)trained eye if you're not looking for it. It's possible that everything in the engine compartment was shifted and could cause some major issues down the road. I hope this works out for you in the end.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the latest. This is at the dealership, torn down for assessment. They think they are going to fix it. $10,000 repair to a $21,000 truck.

Insurance guy needs to look at it and agree, then they start the work. 1.5 weeks if they get the parts.

I was actually surprised they didn't total it, but then I remembered she was pretty new so $10,000 in repairs is actually cheaper for the ins. company at this point.