Ha!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks, I just nailed the CRD a couple or several times with the just-installed INMOTION ST-II reflash, EDGE TRAIL switched OFF, Transgo switched to FUN, and Suncoast TC: still not as fast as my Dodge, but very respectable - I'd say prolly frightening to most people, compared to oem stock - 'course, the E-T module more than recovered the F37 detune, so the KJ was way quicker than normal, but the INMOTION tune really rocks - gots lots mo' testin' ta do, but INMOTION's ST-II is a winnah, aamopo!

(Kiddies, don't try this at home without the Suncoast billet torque convertor - it is good for what ails the KJ - don't leave home without it!)

FYI, some folks think the INMOTION tune is just the Euro version with less EGR, but James has modified all the emissions-stifled parameters and enhanced the rest to create a(n off-road) mini-monster outa the DCJ-detuned 2.8L 4-****** - 350bucks and a few schekels to the postman and yer good to go......................:cool:

Last edited:

dog_party

Reaction score
Great news on that report! Any CELs or anything that might make the little beast fail "emissions" in some of the more stringent states?

I'd love to see dyno results. :)

gmctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No CEL\DTC - it's transparent to current emissions testing - if dealer reflashes during a recall, INMOTION will reflash your upgrade for free - I do b'lieve there are dyno results on that website

gmctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This KJ is entirely rolling R&D, so the ET module must needs remain in place for the duration - I haven't driven it enuff to clearly distinguish\differentiate the various improvements, so I'll need more cockpit time to get a feel for what's hot and what snot - f'rinstance, the Transgo FUN switch: oem TCM control is so messed up that at light throttle, FUN greatly exaggerates the 'hold it in lower gear till after up-shifted gear is engaged' concept, such that under lite throttle app the KJ actually begins to slow down on the 2nd~3rd shift under the increased line pressure - that's the heavy shudder\clunk that is felt, for those with the kit resistor wired across the line-pressure sensor - but, nail it and the little mule really kicks - there's other stuff that's not as easily distinguished, and which I'd be more on top of if I did more time behind the wheel - My big Dodge is way more fun to drive, and it doesn't help much that I don't even like the looks of the KJ: the windows look like the KJ was gonna be a much bigger vehicle, like a F**d Navigator or similar, but the bean counters said make it smaller or ditch the project, and the design staff was directed to use the entire on-hand stock of original-design large windows to cut costs - the '08 KJ is mo' bettah (guess they finally ran out of those huge original windows!), but my tastes run to the Patriot or Nitro, where the glass-area is well-proportioned to the body dimensions - IMO, the Patriot (on KJ drivetrain and running gear) and the Nitro would really kick with the KJ fender-wells\ flares, especially the Nitro, with it's F**d fender-wells - anyway, that's primarily why I don't spend much time in the lil mule.............

Last edited:

gmctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is to laff - I'm also a frustrated stand-up comic................

ATXKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gmctd is complaining about the window size on the KJ - says his Cummins looks better -

I just think he's jealous that his son won't let him drive the KJ after he got it fixed up with an Inmotion tune , Suncoast tc and transgo shift kit.

Although he also has an Edge chip and is planning on running the Edge on top of the Inmotion - that will be interesting.
(I think he's not worried about rebuilding an engine if he has to)

gmctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel mileage variation is directly inversely-proportional to application of the right foot -

The first Isuzu Trooper was hideously ugly, with it's huge green-house stacked onto the Jeep Wrangler lower dimensions - the designers(?) had obviously emulated the wheel-house on the Titanic, such that even a slight fender-bender would result in more flying glass than downtown Houston in a recent hurricane - I am reminded of a Scandinavian ship comissioned by the King, whereby the overly huge superstructure was so gilded that, during the commissioning ball, it turned turtle and sank in the harbor, taking much of the nobility with it - I'm much more comfortable surrounded by steel, with appropriately-proportioned windows to see out of - fortunately, that trend seems to be returning, at long last...................

tulsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel economy is inversely proportional to fun?
I agree with the roof being about 2" too tall, but have gotten to like it.
I think the Kings ship may have been more effected by the extra deck of cannon than the gilded fixtures. Must of inverted due to too much fun.

gmctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep - those, and all the nobility prancing around on deck(s) for the gala wetting of the bow - too much fun, indeed...............

gmctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel mileage and economy in any tune, stock or performance, is directly proportional to muscle tension in the driver's right (left, in Euro applications) leg and foot - normal driving will give normal fuel economy - major really bad side-effect of a performance tune is happy feet, where the driver experiences and succumbs to insatiable urges to nail the exhiliarator pedal to the floor - needles to say, the newly-tuned ECM is more than happy to oblige.........

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online