GuD '08 LiBerTY NoOz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Just took a peek under the 2007 Dodge Nitro at a dealership.

The FRONT SUSPENSION is EXTREMELY CLOSE if not EXACTLY THE SAME as the KJ LIBERTY.

That is all. \:D/ This should make suspension lifts easy to modify.. if they have to be modified at all.

I will have good comparison pics tomorrow.... I hope.

Sticker mileage is 17/23.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Cool...

I'd imagine they would be similar... those are the same platform aren't they?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Basically. But I was surprised that they all will share the same basic suspension design. I expected them to modify it more than they did. The only difference I saw was a new bump stop. It's also dark and rainy, so I didn't spend much time under there.

Rear suspension is definitely different.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the front suspension etc is the same I hope they are using better ball joints.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Just took a peek under the 2007 Dodge Nitro at a dealership.

The FRONT SUSPENSION is EXTREMELY CLOSE if not EXACTLY THE SAME as the KJ LIBERTY.

That is all. \:D/ This should make suspension lifts easy to modify.. if they have to be modified at all.

I will have good comparison pics tomorrow.... I hope.

Sticker mileage is 17/23.

Why would you want to lift a nitro???????? (Aeh)

pixeldzn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jfortier777 said:

You wouldn't, but the KK Liberty will be built upon the same platform, and that you would want to lift!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
pixeldzn said:
jfortier777 said:

You wouldn't, but the KK Liberty will be built upon the same platform, and that you would want to lift!
Finally. Somebody who understands the point of this thread. Pics as soon as I upload them to Photobucket.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I take back what I said. It looks like something did change over in the lower ball joint area. Same Dana 30A with 3.73 gears.
You must be registered for see images attach

This is where it gets interesting, the rear...
You must be registered for see images attach

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
rear looks hard-wired.. what's that two additional bars in the rear?

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front does look very similar.

Looks like the lower control arm connects on the top side of the spindle, not bottom like the KJs. Should give an extra 1" or so of clearance under the A-arms. However, it looks as if the spindle is made of aluminum.

I wonder if the lower control arm and spindle would be able to be swapped on to a KJ. Looks possible, but I'm sure something like the mount for the lca is off by an inch.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like they fixed the balljoints... I cannot believe they didnt want to continue to have recalls and what not... :-s

The spindle does look like it could be swaped out eddo, I was think the same thing before I read your post.

Wonder why the cv are angled down and not up... :-s Stupid libbys.

About the rear, they took the rear tri-link and out used a trac-bar. It doesnt flex as good as our rear suspension...

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sad2.gif I was hoping you were gonna say theres was evidence that the KK was gonna be coming with lockers, Dana 44s, and a disconnecting swaybar. But, I am curious to see what the new one is gonna be like.

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove a nitro this past Thursday...similar feel and drive as the liberty, with the differences being that the ride seemed a little bit smoother than my libby, with less engine noise.....My significant other loves the thing, so we're going to order one at the end of October.

mb818

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Looks like they fixed the balljoints... I cannot believe they didnt want to continue to have recalls and what not... :-s

The spindle does look like it could be swaped out eddo, I was think the same thing before I read your post.

Wonder why the cv are angled down and not up... :-s Stupid libbys.

About the rear, they took the rear tri-link and out used a trac-bar. It doesnt flex as good as our rear suspension...

the CV's are angled up.. it's just that the picture was taken at an angle... save the pic and open it up in an image editor and rotate it to the left about 8 degrees and you will see what i mean...

mb818

Latest posts

Members online