Grunting Noise After Frankenlift Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickdz

Reaction score
I just installed the Frankenlift Premium II package on my 2005 Renegade. After a day or two of completing the install, I am now getting a loud grunting (for lack of a better word) noise when ever the strut compresses/decompresses.

It appears to be coming from the upper spring-to-spacer location in the struts. I have used my stethoscope to hone in on the location. Also, both are making the exact same noise.

I have already checked, cleaned, and re-lubricated the sway bar bushings. I have also sprayed silicone lubricant all over the strut. But, the noise remains.

Does anybody have freakin clue as to what may be going on? I have not heard of any problems like this with the frankenlifts.

Thanks,
Nick

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check to make sure the cover over the shock isnt rubbing against the shock?

Checked the balljoints?

nickdz

Reaction score
Yep... both those are good.

Man, I love the lift, but hate the noise.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Maybe you got the rare Tim Taylor - Tool Time edition? :D

My money would have been on ball joints....

nickdz

Reaction score
Well, it's all fixed now. It turns out that the nut on the top of each strut was loose. I had to pull each strut and tighten down the nut.

It was a PITA, but at least it's fixed.

Latest posts

Members online