Grossness form the window controls...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Popped off my window controls today to take a peek at what was growing under there. My buttons were sticky when I first bought my Renny (got it used) and when I popped it off today, I discovered a rather unpleasant (but not unexpected) scene. I think it's chocolate but it's maroon? :p Gross.

Here are the controls with the front "face" thingy popped off. I scrubbed that piece and then spent 15 minutes scrubbing all of this crap away.
You must be registered for see images attach

Took three Armorall wipes looking like this before it was finally clean!

Next up is to clean my headlight lenses. I'm installing audio this week - new head unit, 6 new speakers and maybe a sub. Then later this week I'm taking off the ugly plastic roof rack stuff, installing angel eye fog lights, clear bumper lights and finishing my debadging/replacing the back Jeep badge. I'm going for an aggressive look with tasteful and "stealthy" changes. No gaudy rims (I like my Renny rims) or underbody glow or 24 inch subs for me. HID headlights will come eventually.

Sorry I've been away for a while - college, work, and summer Jeep activities have me a busy bee. :) This is to serve as my update! Haha. I'll be sure to post pics with all of this bidness! eek2dance.gif

Last edited:

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is probably pepsi or coke down in there, not chocolate. When I bought my Firebird, I tried to pull the console out, it was stuck to the carpet due to pop being spilled down through it. That had to be the nastiest car I've had to clean, still finding stuff. I even found a "quarter scale" under the back seat.