Greetings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRB

Reaction score
My first Jeep was a 1962 Willy's CJ 3-B bought in high school. Threw a rod through the block driving it home. While looking for another block my dad & I pulled the body, sandblasted and welded in new panels. I let it go not long after I married.

Acquired my dad's low mileage totaled 2005 KJ CRD after a deer encounter. While searching for replacement parts I did the timing belt which turned into a head gasket job, new rockers, exhaust valves, glow plugs...

In the mean time I picked up a derelict XJ that my brother and I returned to road worthiness and is now my DD along with a 1990 Corolla wagon.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome KRB.
What are your plans with the CRD once the motor is done? Sell the Motor ?
Sometimes I wish I could find a nice clean rust free XJ to build with 35's for off road.

KRB

Reaction score
Thanks folks!

I "finished" the KJ about a year ago. Still have to swap the hood & fender is all (mostly). I've put about 10K on the motor with no issues other than a leaky #4 injector seal. I blocked the EGR, removed the butterfly & installed a Provent. Pretty happy with it so far. Would like a mild lift but first need to deal with ball joints and a weird drive train noise...

This XJ is remarkably rust free except for a hole starting in the driver floor pan, but there's not a straight piece of sheet metal on it... It was a good friend's daughter's first car, then their farm crew's vehicle until it was parked in the weeds with no brakes, leaking radiator etc. Hadn't run in over a year when he asked me to haul it off for him. I gave it to my brother for his daughter's first car and he resurrected it. She upgraded so I got it back. Only 119,000 miles on the straight six.

Latest posts

Members online