Great..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a Ujoint failure to me? How old where they? Any symptoms of them being bad?

They're original as far as I know

Vibration the whole time I would drive it for a couple months, all was fine the last two weeks or so with no vibes
I thought it may have been the ****** because it was vibrating right under my feet so I just drove easy
The day it gave out, I started it up getting ready to leave work and it felt like it was hopping up front but I continued to drive it to see if it would work itself out of it when I got on the freeway but it was vibrating so bad I couldn't see out of any of my mirrors
Came to slow down for an offramp and I felt/heard "BANG BANG BANG" and thankfully was able to get to the side of the road
Put it in park and it was slowly rolling back until I smashed the brake in

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They're original as far as I know

Vibration the whole time I would drive it for a couple months, all was fine the last two weeks or so with no vibes
I thought it may have been the ****** because it was vibrating right under my feet so I just drove easy
The day it gave out, I started it up getting ready to leave work and it felt like it was hopping up front but I continued to drive it to see if it would work itself out of it when I got on the freeway but it was vibrating so bad I couldn't see out of any of my mirrors
Came to slow down for an offramp and I felt/heard "BANG BANG BANG" and thankfully was able to get to the side of the road
Put it in park and it was slowly rolling back until I smashed the brake in

That's exactly how my Ujoint failiure went. Well actually put in new ones but some how messed up the needle bearings and had vibrations, then one blew. Didn't loose the driveshaft, but a few caps came off.

See if any shop near you carries Neapco. Spicer was good, but they're mostly imported now, I called a local driveshaft shop and he said Spicer became junk so he only uses Neapco now. I think I paid $6 for each U joint, greasable. Autopart store ones haven't lasted for me.