Gps mounting ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hundojoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a garmin gps and I'm looking for a good ideas where to mount one. I've looked at the windshield mounts, the flexible style mounts and the integrated style. What do you guys have? What do you like? What do you not like and where did you mount yours? Pictures would be great. Thanks

JeepKj96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have mine sitting in the lower left corner of my windshield. Ran my cable down under the A pillar and through the dash under the foot well and installed a hidden 12v outlet under my dash and plugged it in there. Now it turns on and off with the Jeep and i can still take it out and use it in other vehicles if needed.

However, in the state of Pennsylvania (where i live) you are not suppose to put anything in that location because that's where the inspection sticker goes. That's why i use a suction cup mount and can pop it off and throw it in the glove box. Although no one cares if its left there.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I lean my phone up against the windshield and the defroster vents keep it in place.

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Garmin suction cup mount on the windscreen low and to the right (I live in England) above the central vents.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Garmin suction cup mount on the windscreen low and to the right (I live in England) above the central vents.

You live in a country "slightly smaller than Oregon." :happy175: and NEED a GPS?????? :happy175: :happy175:

Bob

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use one of those Panavise style mounts where you remove the cluster trim and intall the mount, I have a ream base on it.

I'm using the huge 5" or 7" Garmin. It's out of the way of the airbag, but will slightly block the radio for the passenger.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently the suction cup mount with the bendable arm I had for my iPhone 6S broke on a cold morning. I didn't want to go with that type of mount again since the mount was bulky and let the phone bounce around.

I replaced it with a Scoshe magnetic mount that I placed between the cowl and the vent. The magnet doesn't interfere with the phone, the mount is very sturdy and it's easy to remove the phone when I get in and out of the truck.

They make a version for GPS units as well - same concept with a slightly larger magnet.

Scoshe Mount for GPS Devices - Best Buy

Bob

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I just used a suction cup NexxTech mini universal mount from the Source.
So far so good, it holds tight, & I do take take it off & move it between vehicles.
55146[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• NexxTech1.jpg
    NexxTech1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 0