Got Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04jeepkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tony. . . I will send my dad an email with a link to your post, he doesn't yet know that a rene light bar is on the way lol. and i will be out of country here pretty soon.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice combinations of lights guys eclipsee_gold_cup.g:

I know it varies state by state (or province by province) but what's the general rule about the legality of extra lights?
I've just put four Hella500's on my roof rack only to discover that they aren't legal for highway use because of;
  1. the height of the lights
  2. the total number of lights pointing forward
  3. the fact that I have them wired to the high beams
I thought because my Hella500's are only 55W, the same as a Renegade lightbar that it would be legal but then again the Renegade lightbar is considered factory equipment.

The purpose of the extra lights was for the occasional night run but mostly for highway driving because we had a lot of moose related collisions about here.
Last night we went on a quick night run offroad. Boy what a difference in front of the Libby and beside it too.

The next time I spot a police officer I'm going to pose the question to him. In the meantime I'm going to keep the lens covers on while on the streets.

04jeepkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know in california i was told that you had to wire them to the high beams, yeah i skipped that mess and just wired the lights with the harness straight to their own switch. each set of lights are on their own separate switch.

And when not offroading you have to keep the covers on them, cause they don't want people to use them when say someone cuts you off on the highway at night driving down I5-S. :D