Got Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04jeepkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i started of course with stock head lights and fog lights, then i put some hella 4000 ralley compacts on the stock bumper, went with the ARB mounted the hellas back on there, then i got some soltek fuego spot lights and put them up on the windshield. and next i want to put a rack on the top lol . . .
Before the ARB
You must be registered for see images attach

After the ARB

And now the newly added SOLTEK 4" spot lights

The Switches ( they have since been evened out and lined up lol)

And night time all the lights on

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No real night pics but I think just my KC HID's beat you both......
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Poeple hit the ditch if I turn them on at night thinking I have my brights on when I'm driving back to SD.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
ok i started of course with stock head lights and fog lights, then i put some hella 4000 ralley compacts on the stock bumper, went with the ARB mounted the hellas back on there, then i got some soltek fuego spot lights and put them up on the windshield. and next i want to put a rack on the top lol . . .
Before the ARB

After the ARB

And now the newly added SOLTEK 4" spot lights

The Switches ( they have since been evened out and lined up lol)

And night time all the lights on

Nice setup.
I find that you get a glare off of the hood when you have lights mounted on the cowl. Also, how exactly did you mount those lamps to the cowl?
Looks good though!

Last edited:

04jeepkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the solteks at off road warehouse here in san diego. as far as mounting i took out that little chunk of foam where the hood meets the cowl on the corners, drilled and bolted them down put 2 pieces of vel-cro for a little extra hold so they don't bounce around and they hold adjustment better, put the foam back in there clipped the cowl back down. I then ran the wires under the cowl, and since i already had a hole in the fire wall for the switch to the hellas i just shoved them through. as far as the glare on the hood i think i am just going to put some shims or something to set them a little higher. the lights have plenty of adjustment so they should be fine.

Oh and just a little bit of advice if you plan on putting lights on the cowl, make sure BEFORE you mount the light on the driver side that your windshield wiper won't hit the crap out of your light. . . (DOH)

Last edited:

04jeepkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some more pics. . .
No lights

Just the soltek 4" spots

All the lights

scottg

Reaction score
I got the solteks at off road warehouse here in san diego. as far as mounting i took out that little chunk of foam where the hood meets the cowl on the corners, drilled and bolted them down put 2 pieces of vel-cro for a little extra hold so they don't bounce around and they hold adjustment better, put the foam back in there clipped the cowl back down. I then ran the wires under the cowl, and since i already had a hole in the fire wall for the switch to the hellas i just shoved them through. as far as the glare on the hood i think i am just going to put some shims or something to set them a little higher. the lights have plenty of adjustment so they should be fine.

Oh and just a little bit of advice if you plan on putting lights on the cowl, make sure BEFORE you mount the light on the driver side that your windshield wiper won't hit the crap out of your light. . . (DOH)

how much did you pay? I searched, they aren't cheap!!

04jeepkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much did you pay? I searched, they aren't cheap!!

The guys at off road warehouse gave me the solteks for $75 per light and the wiring harness was $35, for the halogen 100w. I really wanted the HID's those were like $385 per light but they were going to give them to me for $350 each. I wish lol. And the Hella's were $80 for the pair, again thanks to the guys at offroad warehouse.

Here is a link to the lights mounted on the cowl
https://www.bajadesigns.com/net/mainframe2.aspx?content=

Last edited:
Reaction score

just picked these bad boys up from walmart.

also when i went to get pizza this little thing was next to me when i came out. the front of his car comes to the back of my front wheel well

gogreenlawns

Reaction score
This is what i have..so far... I really want to add some cowl lights alsobut not sure if that will be to much or not. Let me know what you think about the idea....:cool:

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
ok now i can join this party

04jeepkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well now we can all say "Vampires Beware" lol. All i need is some lights on the top, has anyone mounted lights on the roof with the moon roof? And not on a basket cause i am not putting one up there.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow......all you guys "got lights".......nice..:D

Dave