Got an OK deal on Grabber AT2s.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BackRoad

Reaction score
Just picked up some 245/70R16 Grabber AT2s for $530 tax and shipping incl. @ tirebuyer.com. Thought I'd share in case anyone else was shopping around.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet. I was thinking about grabbers, but think I'm going to go with Duratracs. I'd be interested in getting your opinion on the grabbers though. Heard some people had issues with uneven and premature wear, but they have supposedly been redesigned now with a new rubber compound that should take care of the issue. Keep us posted on how they perform and wear.

rimmy

Reaction score
Good find! Do you know if this sight always has free shipping? Tirerack's prices seem a bit cheaper, but with free shipping this place comes out on top.

-jordan

IceColeNH

Reaction score
Had two sets and never a problem. Rotated regularly and got over 60k with them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BackRoad

Reaction score
I'll be sure to report back. In my case shipping really made the difference. Was a bit wary re: uneven wear, but had read that they were reformulated. I was choosing between these and the Hankook Dynapro ATMs and chose these since I heard mixed reviews on the dynapros re:noise.

As far as free shipping goes, I'm not sure, but it looks like that might be the case? I think the biggest thing is the selection on tirebuyer isn't as wide as tirerack. Checked BBB and user complaints though, and they seem like a good company.

The duratracs looked good, cost a bit more than the Grabbers though.

BackRoad

Reaction score
Cruised around in the snow storm a bit. New tires did really well was able to get out of my cramped apartment parking lot and crawl around without getting stuck.

05renny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got 25k on mine, and they're wearing evenly. Rotate em every 5-6

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude i just got 5 grabber at2s today. getting them put on tomorrow after work. pics coming and what i think of them on the first ride in the mountains. i ordered them from the site you posted. they got them to me in 3 days and shipping was free. THAT saved me some cash!!

TheSurvivor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was just wondering how the tires were working out? I am considering ordering a set for my kj this week but wasn't sure if the 245/70/r16 would fit on my stock suspension(wont be for long getting the frankenlift this February) with out rubbing, my center hub to trim measurement is roughly 18.5.. Do you think I will have a rubbing issue?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Was just wondering how the tires were working out? I am considering ordering a set for my kj this week but wasn't sure if the 245/70/r16 would fit on my stock suspension(wont be for long getting the frankenlift this February) with out rubbing, my center hub to trim measurement is roughly 18.5.. Do you think I will have a rubbing issue?

sitting lower than new stock height,..............yes a tire that size will rub

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to heatgun some plastic and do a clevis lift to get it not to rub for the time being. Each KJ is different though.

TheSurvivor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured I would just make sure that the 245/70's will work until I am able to get the pinch weld pounded down and also get the lift installed in February

This my current tire 245/70/r16

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 18

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
245-70-16s will work but will rub on the sway bar and also could on the plastic that covers the fog lights on the 02-04s
thought it was 17 inch wheels you were talking about
still going to be close though since you're sitting a bit below new stock height

TheSurvivor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
245-70-16s will work but will rub on the sway bar and also could on the plastic that covers the fog lights on the 02-04s
thought it was 17 inch wheels you were talking about
still going to be close though since you're sitting a bit below new stock height

For a 2006 do you think it will be a huge issue to drive on them until February when I get the lift?