Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're getting our first snow since I replaced the 4 year old 245/75R16 SA's with 265/70R16 SA's last month. I had almost forgotten how well these things grip the first couple years. Don't get me wrong, they still did quite well at 4 years, but they're amazing again now.

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my 245-75-16's Silent Armour's delivered today and put them on. Fit great even without a lift. Sure, I need to trim the plastic a bit and hammer over the crimp to eliminate a slight rub on the front two during tight turns, but okay for now. HUGE difference in performance over stock. Plus got rid of the steel Sport wheels with new alloys. Tire Rack was an excellent purchase - perfect service, dirt simple, fast delivery, and a great price over buying local ($1246 includ. s/h, wheels, tires, mount & balance, lug nuts, center caps, centering rings). Mixed driving here in Colorado - pavement, highways, dirt backroads, and two-tracks...so a good choice for all-around. Anyone want a set of steel wheels? hehe Guess it's time for a lift for a better stance.

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, these tires are excellent...driveability is amazing over stock wheels and tires. Makes the Jeep feel more stout. :icon_cool: