Good Online Source for 2005 KJ LTD brakes (disc's & pads)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richtj99

Reaction score
Hi,

My dealer 'offered' to change my pads & rotars for $500 beans. I have done disc brakes before (pretty easy for the most part) on other vehicles. Are there any surprises on a KJ?

Is there a good place to get rotors & discs online for the Libby?

Thanks,
Rich

Last edited:

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score

richtj99

Reaction score
Any ideas how much 4 rotors & 4 pads would be? I keep coming up with close to $300.00 just for the parts. Is tha accurate?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on the brand of rotors and pads. You can get powerslot rotors for $100 a piece and brembo's for around $50 a piece.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again that depends on the brand of the rotors/pads. If someone is selling you Raybesto rotors/pads at $300 then your getting screwed. However, if you decide to pick up EBC Green Stuff/Hawk/Brembo/PowerSlot pads/rotors then you have a great deal.

I got my Bendix Rotors/Pads for $230.00 from my local shop. That took care of all 4 wheels.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used Hawk brakes before (97 Neon) and the stopping power was amazing. Just last week on the Liberty, I got my brakes done with a cheap $40 set and now every time I stop I'd swear I'm on ice (in the 90 degree heat??). I'm going to be tossing these pads and getting Hawks, (new tires next then I'll re-do the brakes). The Hawks I had didn't create as much dust as my friends EBC green's (on a '00 Focus) and the green's are supposed to be "dust-free" so I was happy with the Hawk's in that respect too. As far as I know the Hawks are for the front discs only, I'd suggest OEM pads for the rear, they worked fine by me. Here's a couple places to get the Hawks. Both places need time to get them in stock (tells you when you add them to your cart), I haven't yet found a place that stocks them.

HPS PADS
Jegs - $89.99
Summit Racing - $81.95

Summit also list the LTS (SUV specific) pads. I think they're almost the same as the HPS pads just rebranded so you'll think it's different (I'm sticking with the HPS pads)

LTS PADS
Summit Racing - $89.95

EDIT: These Hawk pads mentioned above are STREETABLE pads, they are not the "Hawk Blue" (racing) pads. It just occured to me that when people say the name Hawk, instantly everyone thinks "Hawk Blue's".

If you didn't already know, Hawk blue's are for racing only, they'll tear apart your rotors faster than the pads and they're terrible brakes when they don't have heat in them, but after a few hard stops, they'll test the limits of your seatbelt. Since the Liberty was never meant to be a race car, they don't even make Hawk Blue's for it :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.