Good Deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope!
But our Rig is due for new brake rotors and pads this time around.
(I'm replacing them mid to end October. Pads still have plenty of meat on them
but one rotor is starting to warp again, so I'll replace the whole lot.)
Sounds like dealer rotors & ceramic pads?
Is the warped one on the front?
I have 4 rotors on KJ. On the sedan I have never warped a rotor cause I use Hawk brake pads, which are available for the front on the KJ.
I would consider using Napa's Premium slotted up front and Hawk pads and definitely inspect the bearings for noise and movement.
I use severe duty Carbon Ferrite on sedan, very little brake dust and grab city.
http://www.hawkperformance.com/truck/ (also available at Napa) I can also get a discount on them so call me when ur ready if you decide this route.:party52:

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like too bad a deal. We found out later, our 05 was some type of lot vehicle for a F@#d dealership for 2 yrs :shrug: and it has seeming ly been fine.

Where at you be in Cincy? We have a few members around this neck of the woo... err, screwed up interstates!

ATCincy

Reaction score
I'm in the West Chester/Liberty Township area. I have three teenagers. I'm buying this one for my middle son who turned 16 a couple months ago.
He's the only one who has shown an interest in cars. He's helped me lot on the RX project and knows where the hood latch is and what it means if he sees a puddle of fluid.

I sold an 08 FJ Cruiser last year as I've embarked on the Dave Ramsey approach to cars. No more credit. Pay cash!

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the West Chester/Liberty Township area. !

Cool, I'm next door in FF twp. Dave Ramsey rocks,....if I could just get my wife on board, we could actually have some money, but .....as long as there are checks in the checkbook :disgust:
If ya see a purple firebird or VERY loud silver/tan lifted Tahoe....that be me, I run 747 north at night on way home from work.

ATCincy

Reaction score
It is in Northfield. Looking at the map it looks between Akron and Cleveland.
It had been picked up to go to auction, but I bought it beforehand. Looks like I'm screwed for at least a week as I'm traveling through Friday of next week and some friend of my wife is getting married Saturday. I may have it put on a car hauler.

ATCincy

Reaction score
Got the Jeep, replaced the front windshield, back passenger window not working and I learned about window regulators through the forum. It looks really good. New tires, clean inside and under the hood. Other than the window regulator it needs nothing. My son is excited. I put her in 4 high to make sure the 4WD works. So far, so good.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the Jeep, replaced the front windshield, back passenger window not working and I learned about window regulators through the forum. It looks really good. New tires, clean inside and under the hood. Other than the window regulator it needs nothing. My son is excited. I put her in 4 high to make sure the 4WD works. So far, so good.

Congrats. The window regulator problem was mostly with 06-07 models and some late model 05's. So your 02 regulator might have just been a fluke.

Now we need pics.....haha

Dave

ATCincy

Reaction score
Well, I've had her a few weeks and so far so good. I do think I'll need to replace the exhaust in the spring. No holes yet though. Going off roading to do some hunting next weekend so I'll get a feel for how it goes in the woods. It's a Jeep, so I have high expectations.