Good CLASS 3 Tow Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, Im looking to get a tow hitch for my 2003 Kj. I know chrysler is supplying people with hitches (eventually) but i highly doubt they will be anything higher then class 1. does anyone have a good hitch to recommend for a reasonable price?

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought two Class 3 Curt hitches from etrailer.com. (great website btw) The Curts were cheaper and like Cardhu, I liked how they hide under the body. I noticed that my 2" hitch rattles in the receiver though. The same hitch fits snug in other brands. I think Curt may use a thinner walled 2.5" tube and that may be why the 2" bangs around when loaded. I haven't broken out the calipers to check and it's not a structural issue but it is loud when under load. I thought I would mention it and I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue...

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a Curt hitch also and like you I can hear the receiver rattling under a load. I thought that it might be because I used a Reese ball mount. I keep thinking of measuring the hitch also but didn't have time.

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X3 or X4 on the Curt. Hides well but receiver rattles, which is annoying, pulling my small flats boat on a bridge with expansion joints, bang..........bang........bang..........bang.
Ordering one of those anti rattle U bolt things or making one.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up with a U-haul hitch for a steal. I got it blasted and powdercoated, seemed to be pretty good quality and held up well for what little towing that was done.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found the curt hitch to rattle. Other then it tucks up tight I've got nothing to recomend about it. Its certainly strong enough..

Hitch comes with 8.8 hardware, might want to change it to the 10.9 you get with the mopar hitch.

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the CURT 13044 hitch...seems like a very solid one, does anyone know of any rumors about what Chrysler will be installing for us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can bet they will find the cheapest possible fix, since they will be eating the part and labor. I'd just buy one and be done.