Going...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Going

Gone

The new radiator install went great and I did 300+ miles the weekend after it was done and everything was A-OK. I did change the oil as well because it was almost due and I didn't want to take the chance that it was cooked.

Checking back to when I posted my "Just turned 90" thread I realized it was on 11-03-07 when I had 90.000.

Crap, I drive a lot...

Sorry for the blurry pictures but it was raining and very windy.

Vaskania

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hah nice. 10k miles in 2 months. Wow.
Last I heard the average driver goes about 15k per year.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually a little more than 3 months, but I've been on the go since before Christmas and I'm really tired.

Arrrrrg...

Edited - Holy Crap, it is just a little over 2 months!

Arrrrrrgggggggg...

Last edited:

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Vaskania

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think Ill ever make it to 100,000.

Me neither. I got my used '04 back in Sept. '07 and it's just a bit over 60.2k, but we'll see by the end of this year. Bwahaha

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow...100,000 miles on film....neat.

Dave

2003KJ

Reaction score
The way i've been driving lately (about 20K in the last year or so)...i'll be at 100K in no time.

cdh1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you put 10,000 miles on a vehicle in 2months? Does it ever get turned off? or is it a taxi?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im currently putting 7,500 miles on my Jeep per YEAR. If I continue at this rate, it will take me 13.3 years to make it to 100,000 miles.

Ill be putting more miles on it in the next couple years. Right now it sits in the parking lot for weeks on end. Ive put a grand total of ZERO miles on it since last Sunday. Ill be transfering to another college of which Ill have to commute to school. Ill still only be putting around 10k on it per year.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you put 10,000 miles on a vehicle in 2months? Does it ever get turned off? or is it a taxi?

Nah, I'm a service tech and the only one in the state for my company.

I do get 48.5 cents a mile though.

I've been thinking about getting another vehicle for those long drives that don't require me to hump a server.

2003KJ

Reaction score
OMG...you will be too old to remember where you parked it by then.....:D

Dave

Nahh...all he'll have to do is follow the glare coming off it from the sunlight. It'll be easy to spot, as all the planes flying over will come crashing down at that point due to the excessive glare :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timmer.....that's a sharp caddy. But with all those business miles you are driving, a smaller mid priced car (or any car) would get much better mpg than the KJ and you could just use the jeep for fun. Just a thought.

Dave

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm a computer tech and use mine for work as well. After I get mine paid off I will buy another vehicle that is good on gas to use just for work. I was thinking a Jeep Patriot with manual transmission because it has good cargo space and gas mileage. Or I can get a car but I like something with all-wheel-drive because of the winters we have up here.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm a computer tech and use mine for work as well. After I get mine paid off I will buy another vehicle that is good on gas to use just for work. I was thinking a Jeep Patriot with manual transmission because it has good cargo space and gas mileage. Or I can get a car but I like something with all-wheel-drive because of the winters we have up here.

I do computer repairs as a side job (I used to do it FT), and believe me, the versatility of an SUV helps... a lot. I need to start handing out business cards again because I have too much time on my hands.

gordymills

Reaction score
Got my '04 in Late August '07 at 38,000 Miles. I'm at 44,000 now, but I drove down to Tampa from Columbus over Thanksgiving and have been on a few snowboarding trips out of state since then, so it adds up pretty quickly. I'll probably be driving the wife's Wrangler a lot more over the summer. I like the convertible top on the Wrangler, and she likes the AC on the Libby.

BTW, I'm looking at MOABs for her Wrangler, what would be the best setup? Wheel Size, Tire size, and lift height. It's the 4cyl auto so I don't want to over do it... eh it's probably not worth it... I'll just trade it for an '08 Wrangler sometime when she's not looking. >:)