getting sick of my windows going out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive already replaced the 2 front motors and regulators, and still the front passenger side and rear driver side want to go out. i got sick of it and grabbed my 100mph tape from work and some gorilla glue lol

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 38
  • photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 41
  • photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 38
  • photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 40
  • photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 34

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the cheaper ones but still metal for the rear. I think i got them off amazon but they worked like a charm and cost $45 for two of them instead of $90 for one.

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score
see my problem is the stupid plastic that the cable runs in, keep breaking and detaching from the part screwed into the motor... i guess i have to replace the entire thing, or if i can find one somewhere where it is just all the plastic stuff that attaches to the motor

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, here are pics of the part that keeps breaking on me and how i fixed it for now lol

Attachments

• photo (10).jpg
    photo (10).jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 31
  • photo (9).jpg
    photo (9).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 29

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this helps explain it a little better i guess lol. 5 min. paint job ;)

Attachments

• problems pic with window.jpg
    problems pic with window.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 30

Irishguy24

Reaction score
just saying....my passenger side window went down then stopped working...bought the part to replace it, slammed the door a few times before taking anything apart and it's been working like a pro since then...guess sometimes all you need is alittle force correctly aplied

deliciousdaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger window went out and I was pissed, I never used it because it was not working right. I told my buddy not to use it and he forgot and touched it and it dropped in a huge rain storm. My back windows are about to drop I feel... I had to put tape over the switches so it doesn't happen again. I never use them anyways.

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took mine apart today and instead of the window bracket being broken like common on the back, I had the same problem as you. I used the same solution, 100 mph tape and glue. I wrapped the glue with a shop towel and pretty much layered it into a cast. Thanks for letting me know how to fix it before I knew it was broke.

And yeah I'm a drill down here polishing turds into the finest infantrymen in the world.

Kaitlyn Nicole

Reaction score
I feel the pain. I've replaced all mine EXCEPT the driver window...the one that gets used the most. I talk to some people at Jeep asking if there was a recall because I knew an interesting amount of people who had theirs break as well but they just there weren't enough people complaining...=( but I've gotten really good at replacing the regulator and the motor. I hate the you can't just buy the regulator...you have to have the motor too. At least I haven't found them separately yet but amazon has pretty good deals on them.

Scotiaspirit

Reaction score
I have problems in the front driver side door window staying on track. The Liberty I have seems to have slow recoil of window for going up or down compared to other vehicles. Is this feature the way it is suppossed to work (slow recoil) or maybe a shotty motor?

Latest posts

Members online