General Maintenance, ball joints and stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gopherbeats

Reaction score
I am going on a road trip to Florida for Spring break from CT and I just checked my Libby from bumper to bumper and thought I would post my findings for any one interested.

Year:2004

Milage: 39,992

Ball joints: No movement.... at all!, very happy after reading various things on the internet.

Front Suspension: had a nasty 'deep creaking' sound when I went over speed bumps at less than 10 mph. I got a little nervous... but after I greased up everything the noise went away. I am pretty sure it came from the front sway bar.

Tires: Still running stock Goodyears... I think I have about 10,000 miles left on them, about 7/32 of tred left: started with 12/32. Not to worry, my tax return will get me some new shoes!!!

Among other various things I did.. oil change, rotation, wash and wax, Rain-x.. I think She is doing pretty well. I run her pretty hard.. not as much as I would like on the trail, but I'll get there. once my Warrenty expires, it will be time to lift.

I havent checked the PCV valve yet, but I will do that before I leave.. Not sure about going with a K&N filter or not... we will see

EugeneTheJeep

Reaction score
Dont forget to do your spark plugs, front & rear diff & transfer case oil. Just did mine the other day. Should be about 3.5-4 hours worth of work.

Gopherbeats

Reaction score
Spark Plugs were done at 30k....

I don't think i'll get to my fluids (t-case, front and rear diffs) before I leave... Hopefully that won't cause any problems...

I haven't got much off roading done.. so I don't think it will be much of a problem