gasket advice please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pominajeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
well im in the process of installing a new motor in the kj, got all new gaskeys for everything, just wondered if i need to also use RTV, anyone had issues with new gaskets leaking etc, and which parts in particular to add rtv to in addition to new gaskets.
also my mechanic said when i first run her not to put coolant in just water for teh first 800km, to ensure all surfaces mate properly, and then to drain and put hoat in, any thoughts on this??
alos would it be easier to install the motor with the intake manifold attached, just thinking how hard it was to get at the motor/****** mounts with the manifold off when i took the old one out, but a couple of people said they have installed with the intake on instead of putting it on after the motor goes in, one thing i made sure of wasa to put newplugs in while the motor was out, so no dramas of trying to do that with the intake on, a lot of people will relate to how difficult it can be to do plugs!!
cheers guys