Gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a Jeep thing and you don't understand:D

yea, for gas mileage get a car and not a truck or a jeep.

Dave

rdonn

Reaction score
I didn't buy a Jeep for gas mileage... it has all the aerodynamics of a brick!

cvt8474

Reaction score
Did your salesman tell you Jeeps got great gas mileage to sell the thing? I can't think of anyone else that would expect a Jeep to get good gas mileage.....

1quick1

Reaction score
EVIC says usually reads between 16.2 and 16.8. Only about 800 miles on the Jeep so far though.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What're you guys talking about, I get mileage with my Jeep.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah me to,anything that does better then my '84 F-150 is great(guess stock 235/75R15's and 4.88 gears wasn't a good choice getting 3mpg's city and about 1.5mpg's on the highway).

(lol) I got 22mpg on the highway once, but other than that I hover between 15-16 mpg........

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah my best mpg's was 23.4mpg's not lifted or any armor,fully outfitted coming back from MOAB in '08 I pulled just shy of 22mpg's on the highway(at 75mph) with my KJ.

22 mpg is great...considering you've redone about every part with a sturdier one!!!!! I can get 25 mpg with my HEMI Durango.....:D:eek:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
22 mpg is great...considering you've redone about every part with a sturdier one!!!!! I can get 25 mpg with my HEMI Durango.....:D:eek:

Unbelievable isn't it. There's nothing like a V8.

So back to the 3.7L and mpg. This is what I think is part (if not the main reason) the mpg is not a fuel sipper. The 3.7L is more of a V6 truck engine as it developes torque lower in the powerband than other V6 engines. Good for p/u trucks and jeeps where you have a heavier vehicle and you want more low end grunt for hauling a load or going off-road. We are paying for that lower end torque. Then there's the weight, aerodynamics, etc, etc.

So, if there were even a "small V8" option for the KJ it would be awesome......cause there's just nothin like a V8....and I don't mean the juice...:D

This is my opinion anyway......

Dave

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have around 525 miles on my 08 now, and I consistently average 15 mpg, town or highway. I am hoping that once the engine breaks in, I will get a little better mileage.
I mentioned that to my dad, and he tells with me that he averages around 16.5mpg with his 07 Ram 1500 with a 5.7L hemi.:D

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have around 525 miles on my 08 now, and I consistently average 15 mpg, town or highway. I am hoping that once the engine breaks in, I will get a little better mileage.
I mentioned that to my dad, and he tells with me that he averages around 16.5mpg with his 07 Ram 1500 with a 5.7L hemi.:D

It will.

Sounds like a nice Ram...I also have an 05 Durango with a Hemi.:D

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just filled mine up today after 95 miles of in town driving over about a weeks time. 7.8 gal to fill it.

12.1MPG!!!:eek::eek:

sharpy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea...the liberty likes her gas.but she has good power and i like her!!! lol!!

Latest posts

Members online