Fuse mystery: Right tail lights and dashboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gsalas05

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So recently on my 2006 Jeep Liberty the right taillight 'park light' is not working. The brake light works fine.

Additionally, the dashboard's odometer, gas level, etc are not lighting up. (I've checked the dimmer) all other lights such as (check engine, o/d off etc are working fine)

I read the owners manual and the interior fuses connects the right parking light and the dashboard. We replaced a burned out socket in the taillight, but the fuse in #9 keeps blowing out.

Anybody have any idea what may need to be done?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Check for shorts which might be causing the fuse to over load.

2. Make sure you have the correct rated fuse.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So recently on my 2006 Jeep Liberty the right taillight 'park light' is not working. The brake light works fine.

Additionally, the dashboard's odometer, gas level, etc are not lighting up. (I've checked the dimmer) all other lights such as (check engine, o/d off etc are working fine)

I read the owners manual and the interior fuses connects the right parking light and the dashboard. We replaced a burned out socket in the taillight, but the fuse in #9 keeps blowing out.

Is this a gasser or a CRD?

Do you have a non-factory tow package fitted?:shrug:

mattlanh

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Ive got the same issue. Anyone know what can be done. I work at night and my right side isn't lighting up when the headlights are on.. and #9 fuse keeps popping.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

As stated, the Cluster bulbs may have blown.

Download the 2006 KJ Service Manual here...Section 8W has the wiring diagrams. The index in Section 8W gives you Component locations so search on "Fuse 9" or "taillights" and you will be directed to the relevant Logic Page.

You will need a Digital Mutimeter to trace a short to chassis that will be causing the fuse to ****....usually the wiring is shorting to chassis/engine somewhere. You need to trace the wiring to see if it is shorting somewhere. If you cannot find the short because the wire disappears into some hard to get location then you need to cut of the shorting wire at all ends and replace it with new wire.

Is this a Gasser or a CRD?;)

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.