Fuel filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my understanding is the fuel filter for 06 KJs is built into the fuel sender unit, I'm at about 145k km (90k), should the fuel filter be something i should look into?

i use to let the tank drain pretty low past two summers

ShawnS

Reaction score
Replacing this unit is a huge pain... I already looked into this myself. If you search on YouTube for that 1A Auto company, they have a video on how to replace this. You have to drill out the rivets in the tie down points in the trunk and rip up the floor. There's a door that's sealed with soundproofing material you have to cut through in order to remove the panel and gain access to the top of the fuel tank where the unit is located. If you did this, definitely get the part from a jeep dealer because the replacements all have terrible reviews.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So my understanding is the fuel filter for 06 KJs is built into the fuel sender unit, I'm at about 145k km (90k), should the fuel filter be something i should look into?

i use to let the tank drain pretty low past two summers

Know lots of KJs with way over 200,000 miles and no issues with them