Fuel filter in 2004 jeep liberty HELP PLEASE!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtennes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Allright thank you for the advice everyone. So as of now, here is my plan. I am going to replace the fuel pump, install the filter properly, flush the system, replace all 6 fuel injectors, bang my head and knuckles a bunch of times, cuss a whole bunch, and see if that fixes the issues. I will check back in here let you guys know. Thank you alot for pushing me in the right direction.
If you are going to the trouble of dropping the tank... I advise that you spend another $150 out on Quadratec.com, and buy/install a new fuel pump. The blasted thing is internal to the tank. THERE IS A CATCH HOWEVER... there is a metal locking ring that seals the tank, and that ring is discontinued. If your existing locking ring is corroded, do not replace the pump... unless you can acquire a clean replacement from eBay or a salvage yard (which I lucked out on). The original fuel pump has an estimated life span of approx 150K miles, so anything over that is a gamble. I'm just saying.

That ring looks like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

dtennes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fuel pump from Quadratec comes with an exact fit rubber gasket that mates to that metal ring, so all you need is a clean metal ring for the tank seal.

dtennes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fuel pump from Quadratec comes with an exact fit rubber gasket that mates to that metal ring, so all you need is a clean metal ring for the tank seal.
Oops, skipped past your post that you were replacing the pump too. Smart move. Beware of that metal seal ring though....

DCRAIG61611

Reaction score
I would like to report.. TOTAL VICTORY!!!! The jeep is running like a top! 189k miles and she's running like new! In fact, she drove 75mph on the highway for 180 mile round trip. Performed perfectly. Thanks again everyone for the advice. I can correct 100% confirm. The issue was the fuel injectors.