how to replace fuel filter 2004 liberty 3.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I need instructions on how to replace the fuel filter I cant find it and all the yt vids are on 02s and 03s

kdel

Reaction score
Here's a YouTube video of it being done on a '02.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

kdel

Reaction score
'02-'04 show the same part number for the 3.7

JibeHo22

Reaction score
Why do you need to replace it? The filter is a fine mesh bag inside the fuel tank. I believe the fuel filter is intended to last as long as the fuel pump. It is not intended to be replaced periodically like a canister type of fuel filter.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure? I don't have a v6 but I'd be amazed if there isn't a proper fine filter in the system somewhere, the mesh on the lift pump is just to stop lumps jamming the pump.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure? I don't have a v6 but I'd be amazed if there isn't a proper fine filter in the system somewhere, the mesh on the lift pump is just to stop lumps jamming the pump.
Well, I had a hunt round and it seems the jeep has a proper filter in the tank, if you search on here ther is a write up on changing it.

Members online

No members online now.