Front Wheels.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nathaniel

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a question, i changed my brake a few months back, and about a week later, they started to squeak.. i dont know if they were crappy brakes i put on or what..but after the brakes were put on, i noticed as i was going down the road that i would hear a random squeak from my wheels, and i dont know if its my brakes constantly rubbing or what? Also, after changing the brakes i noticed that my wheels, as im driving, make a wobble noise and it makes my steering wheel shake at about 50-55+mph.. any idea on what this may be? and im not the smartest when it comes to cars, so any help would be great.

I have a 05 liberty Renegade.

Nathaniel

Reaction score
i havent had an allignment in a good while.. and yea i just put new pads on. i dont have the money for new rotors. could it be the balance of my tires?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A balance seems very possible....is the vibration when you hit the brakes??? That would be rotors. :)

Nathaniel

Reaction score
no, the vibration is when im just driving, i actually noticed it at about 30 mph+, and it just shakes my steering wheel.. like i said what ever you guys think it may be.. let me know, so i can have some idea of what to tell the mechanic when i take it in. THANKS!

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you slap pads on, don't you need to deglaze the rotors?

Nathaniel

Reaction score
hey guys, i just got my balance done, and after that my KJ has been running great. the breaks are still squeaking.. but that's fine for now. Also dont know about the whole deglaze thing? whats that? HA, also, i payed only 50 bucks for the balance.. someone told me i was overcharged? i didnt think i was.. what do you guys think?

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
hey guys, i just got my balance done, and after that my KJ has been running great. the breaks are still squeaking.. but that's fine for now. Also dont know about the whole deglaze thing? whats that? HA, also, i payed only 50 bucks for the balance.. someone told me i was overcharged? i didnt think i was.. what do you guys think?

Glad balance worked,if you are happy with price I Am tickled :D

L

lil black liberty

Wait..$50 for balancing?? Seriously..the shop here charges half of that.. well $25 for rotation and balancing but still..