front locker Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the front I don't think so. But you can run a DTT up front ...not a locker, but a real good limited slip.

For the rear you can use an ARB for a selectable locker. It is said that the ARB is the best.

For an auto locker you can get a Detroit Locker which is the best of the auto lockers. Your other options are a Powertrax (not as good as the Detroit Locker). An Aussie if they are now making them for the 8.25 Corp rear .

So a DTT up front and a DL or ARB in the rear works well from what has been said.

Dave

brown90

Reaction score
For the front I don't think so. But you can run a DTT up front ...not a locker, but a real good limited slip.

For the rear you can use an ARB for a selectable locker. It is said that the ARB is the best.

For an auto locker you can get a Detroit Locker which is the best of the auto lockers. Your other options are a Powertrax (not as good as the Detroit Locker). An Aussie if they are now making them for the 8.25 Corp rear .

So a DTT up front and a DL or ARB in the rear works well from what has been said.

Dave
Do u know any places to buy them cheap

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Powertrax (for rear 8.25)
http://www.discountjeepparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/2880_76_226_244/products_id/2007

Aussie Locker (for rear 8.25)
http://www.offroadlockers.com/item.php/TM1e2505/acb3/10/310061/.html

I may be selling a DTT for the D30a (front diff) too. May be, as in I've promised someone first dibs on it. Either way, it's coming out within the next two weeks. And being replaced with a ARB.

(fwiw, I have a Powertrax in the rear. I live in the snow / ice belt so full time lockers are not a good idea for me).

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are only really 2 choices for the alloy front D30A,either the Detroit True Trac(I had one up front,very,very good but a LSD) or the ARB air locker.Either choice is not very cheap,looking at about $450 for the DTT or about $1000 for the ARB(with compressor) then you will have to add about 6 hours of labor to remove the front diff since it has to completely come out to install gears or a locker and then you got the locker install which can vary from $200-$500(ARB will be more $$$ to install).So your looking at least $1000 or more for install cost unless you pull the front diff yourself.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
A good investment in my eyes.
And less money in the long run if you have ever needed to be towed via a to truck from a remote location!

Spend it now and be done with it. Or spend a small fortune on a tow job, and then end up biting the bullet and then spending it later.

Either that or don't get yourself into trouble off road in the first place!

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are only really 2 choices for the alloy front D30A,either the Detroit True Trac(I had one up front,very,very good but a LSD) or the ARB air locker.Either choice is not very cheap,looking at about $450 for the DTT or about $1000 for the ARB(with compressor) then you will have to add about 6 hours of labor to remove the front diff since it has to completely come out to install gears or a locker and then you got the locker install which can vary from $200-$500(ARB will be more $$$ to install).So your looking at least $1000 or more for install cost unless you pull the front diff yourself.

Very true. Luckily for me, a couple of pizza's and a case of beer will get my ARB installed.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Midnight, do you know which model number is your DTT? I think there are a couple revisions. I'm interested in it.

You are correct there is a 2 gear and a 3 in the newer versions.

also if you want a good traction aid go with the DTT, unless you got the big bucks for the ARB I have one and I love it