Front Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I have been looking for a front hitch for my 2006 liberty renegade. Where can I buy one?
Thanks

Good luck,due to low demand none are made now,1-2 come up for sale on occasion,there is a post with info for building one,some say TJ hitch will fit.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should invest in a welder and start making some front hitches?? :D

I got the skills, just not the equipment. lol

Build em right and price em right and you sure could.... Test fit one on your KJ and then use it as a pattern to make more.

They seriously aren't that hard to make, box tubing and some steel angle, or even a piece of box tubing cut on two corners to make two pieces of angle and then weld it up. The receiver tube itself can be bought from places like eTrailer and other places that sell trailer stuff. Back in the days on the farm we used to buy the 2" receiver tubes and take some scrap to make gusset plates to weld them on to everything.

I wish i had the shop and equipment to make them, i could get some steel and start making some myself, sure seems like a lot of people that want them.

S1Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already workin on a double for the front of my 06. Lining things up to exit where the tow hooks do.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Already workin on a double for the front of my 06. Lining things up to exit where the tow hooks do.

You should check out some of the clevis mounts that have been done,might find them interesting. OP,PM Thunderbirdjunkie,he might have a front hitch available.

S1Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why buy, when you can build it yourself. Yes, sometimes, well maybe most times it is cheaper to buy...... Besides I am a tinkerer.