Front end lower than rear - Options to even it out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a little while with the lift so far. I think I got it around Jan this year or so maybe. I got the HD springs because I planned to upgrade with a heavier bumper (which I have yet to do).

For a while it sat pretty even. Roughly 23" or so all the way around. Now that it's had plenty of time to settle I'm sitting lower on the front end. I'm at 22" on the front and still 23" in the rear. I know some prefer the raked look but I am wanting to even it out. I currently have the .375 spacer for the clevis. I know I can get a .5 spacer but I've heard that is too much. I was wondering what options I had to even the front out? Aside from a set of adjust-a-struts since I dont got that money right now.

1" lower just seems a bit much to me. or is that normal? I can really tell while driving, I feel like I'm pointed down more than I should. If it was just a little bit lower it wouldn't bother me but 1" lower seems too much. I have nothing up front (no winch or bumper)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not really sure , I mean most will settle in about 1/2 inch or so after a few thousand miles
The Ironman I tested then installed on another is still within a 1/2 inch of where it was when installed and he's had his on longer

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could remove Isolators in the rear or add weight or you could do like I did and throw a Komodo dragon on the back :anitoof:

Thats if the TM econo lift added additional isolators.

Last edited:

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, When I jacked up the vehicle (when I rotated my tires) After I got everything done and removed the jack it was sitting up at 23" in the front (no change in the rear). It felt nice and even when I got in. Affter a few trips around the block over some bumps it settled back down to 22" when I re measured.

Not that it's a problem. I appears to have plenty of room for the tires and everything. Was just curious if there was any options to pick the front up a little.

No ISO's in the rear on the kit.

When I'm off work I'll toss up some photo's of measurements.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, not sure what size the top plates where. My main concern really is that if I do end up mounting a bumper up front how much further that will lower the front end considering it's aready 1" lower than the rear with nothing mounted.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I built my bumper, 92lbs, mine dropped less than 1/2 inch with the ironman diesel springs. I havent added a winch yet.

Im at 21 1/2 with my bumper. No extras added. I have 30k on my springs

Sent with the power of children's screams!!

Last edited: