Front driveshaft replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I should have checked before buying, but went to do oil change and noticed the front driveshaft is nowhere in sight. My Liberty is a 5spd manual, I know of a couple other Liberty’s being parted out but they’re auto trans. Will the front driveshaft from and automatic fit a manual transmission?

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I should have checked before buying, but went to do oil change and noticed the front driveshaft is nowhere in sight. My Liberty is a 5spd manual, I know of a couple other Liberty’s being parted out but they’re auto trans. Will the front driveshaft from and automatic fit a manual transmission?
You can check and verify cross compatibility in the service manual and parts fiche. As far as I know, there’s a difference in length between the auto, manual and diesels.

sorry, on mobile so can’t link the books, however the forum search function shall provide!

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is a 6 speed, don't know if they will be the same, but since mine is off my jeep I took a quick measurement.

29.25" from mating surface to mating surface on mine

Reaction score
mine is a 6 speed, don't know if they will be the same, but since mine is off my jeep I took a quick measurement.

29.25" from mating surface to mating surface on mine
Is that with command trac or selecta trac transfer case?

Latest posts

Members online