Front bumper replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kolesy

Reaction score
Did anyone on here ever replace there front bumper. I am talking bout putting a stock on one. They use the plastic rivets and I was just wondering if they are hard to work with?? Some dude did a hit and run on mmy libby and cracked my front bumper so now I need to replace it. Any advice????

dnm45227

Reaction score
I had the front bumper on our '02 LTD and '05 Renegade replaced (within a couple of months), don't get me started on the why part. Anyway the LTD has the painted bumper cost $600 to replace, the Renegade has the textured plastic and that set me back $250.

Obviously I took it to a shop, but the labor on the textured plastic was only like 2 hours.

kolesy

Reaction score
yeah I just have the dull grey bumper on my sport. the bumper itself only costs 99 buck buut for the body shop to put it on they want bout 240 for everything. I was just wondering if it is a hard job to do yourself, cconsidering i never messed dwith rivets before.

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my dad own's a body shop. the plastic rivbets are pretty simple. You just take a pin/small screw driver and push out the centers, then you can use a diagonal cutter to get the rivet out the rest of the way. You shouldn't have to drill them. Although if they are tight, then they would drill just like a metal rivet. They sell the plastic rivet gun at automotive places, and they go in basically the same way. Really shouldnt be that difficult, I havent taken the bumper off mine yet, but have helped me dad in teh past.

Good luck.

NomadKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FRONT FASCIA
REMOVAL
(1) Remove the grille
(2) Remove the turn signal lamps
(3) Remove the fascia screws next to the turn signal lamps
(4) Remove the two screws at the bottom of the fascia
(5) Remove the three plastic rivets securing the fascia to each wheelhouse splash shield.
(6) Release the three tabs securing the fascia to the grille opening reinforcement.
(7) Remove the fascia.
INSTALLATION
(1) Position the fascia onto the vehicle and align the center pin into the hole located near the center of
the grille opening reinforcement
(2) Secure the three tabs onto the grille reinforcement fully.
(3) Install the two screws next to the turn signal lamps.
(4) Install the two lower screws.
(5) Install new rivets attaching the wheelhouse splash shield to the fascia.
(6) Install the turn signal lamps.
(7) Install the grille.

kolesy

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys!! I think im going to just go ahead and order the bumper and do it myself. Seems pretty easy. So do any of yous have the part number for the rivets, and about how many i'll need?

kolesy

Reaction score
Awesome!!! Im gonna order the bumper. I like the mod some one did on here with the D-Ring shackles up front instead of the tow hooks. So now my old bumper I need to replace will be my template! \:D/ Thanks guys! I'll try to take pics on the job when I get around to replacing it.