Front air struts02-07 KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of front coil over air struts that will work I the KJ? I run the plow on mine, and before I go for anything else such as OME with diesel springs, I want to have adjustability.

I already cross referenced lengths and replaced the rear shocks with air over shocks, and have them plumbed in.

I have a small 1.5 gallon air tank that will be mounted on the plow mount, and all the hosing necessary to plumb it. I'm also installing electric air solenoid and a dual pressure interior pressure gauge to invflate/deflate the rear by flipping a switch. An ARB compressor is also in the system for this.

This is because I do also put a salter in it, and 175lb ballast on the receiver extension that I use to allow the salter to fit on with the spare still mounted. It would be nice to be able to control air rate without running a hose from the shop.

Since I can and will run the system for the rear, I would like to explore adding an option to the front suspension to counterweight the 480lb plow setup. As is, it only sags 1.25" on the stock 130k mile coils.

Thanks for any info

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thought I had also had was to eliminate the front bump stop and install JBA a arms with brackets through the upper ball joint bolts and put air bags in between the arms and bump stops. This would do it.