From Northern Virginia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepontruckin

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Adrian. The wife and I own an 04 limited 3.7 2wd liberty. She's the original owner. I've been in charge or the upkeep for the last 7 years or so. I wasn't a big fan of it at first, but now I couldn't even think of being without it! It's completely stock and always had been. However it does grab people's attention for one reason, and that s because of its mileage. It just hit 387k last night! I've searched a around the net and haven't found one with more than that yet. Original engine 2nd trans. other than that just:basic upkeep. I figured it deserves a little recognition. Anyway, love the site, glad I can finally post.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome mileage. Welcome.

Dave

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
woah.......
Good job on the maintenance!
You have you share your secrets!

Welcome to the forum

Last edited:

jeepontruckin

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. No real secrets to tell really. Just replacing everything that it needs, when needed. All the typical liberty things, alternator, water pump, P.S. rack, radiator, sensors, cats, ball joints, ect. That paired with regular maintenance. I'm a car guy and weekend mechanic, so I try to catch things before they break. I've heard allot about the early 3.7s and the valve issues associated with them, but we've had good luck with it so far! It still has plenty of get up and go and doesn't make any odd noises yet. it does burn a little oil hear and there, but nothing major.