Freshly waxed. :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waxed it today, it needed it...I think I may still go back over it with a clay bar and wax again before the snow flies though.

You must be registered for see images

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is looking great, once again! But that Jeep badge looks strange, did you reapply it or something, why is the p looking above the others.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it's the original, the clear coating on it is peeling off, I've seen it happen on a few others before...I'm contemplating just taking it off, possibly along with the other badges back there while I'm at it.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it's the original, the clear coating on it is peeling off, I've seen it happen on a few others before...I'm contemplating just taking it off, possibly along with the other badges back there while I'm at it.

I took mine off when my coating peeled off. It looks better without the Jeep logo there.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That red really takes a shine nice.

Dave

2003KJ

Reaction score
Lookin great!

Now you just need a set of some nice A/T's...give it a nice aggressive look.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin great!

Now you just need a set of some nice A/T's...give it a nice aggressive look.

That's in about 2-3 weeks. I've been running these tires since I got it, don't really care for them, but they work. I'm gonna try and get another couple thousand miles out of them and then replace them. I've put 26k on them, and they were on it when I bought it, not sure how many miles they ran for, but they suck off road.

I think I'm going to go with the Yokohama Geolander AT-S. They seem to be good and reasonably priced. The 17" choices are limited, and the prices move to "arm and a leg" range rather quickly.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
17" choices are limited, but if you want my Nokian Vatiiva's, I will sell them to you. :) Otherwise, these are most likely going back... I guess A/T or this kinda tread is not my kinda bag.. Otherwise, If you want supposedly great snow and winter traction, they are good (?).

Oh yeah, It looks great without Jeep badge, but I would have kept 4x4 (I did). Otherwise get rid of the 3.7L as well. :)

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your jeep looks great waxed up in red,and as for tyres its amazing how much more money they want for 17" tyres over the 16", i have upgraded to 17"s for the street and use my 16" with at's for off road and winter loads more choice in tyres and cheaper .

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, It looks great without Jeep badge, but I would have kept 4x4 (I did). Otherwise get rid of the 3.7L as well. :)

I was going to leave the 4x4 badge, but I didn't like how it sat at a different height on the hatch than the 3.7L did, so I took it off too. I've been considering taking the 3.7L badge off too, and getting one Freedom Edition badge like what is on the doors and placing it there.

JIMMY JEEP said:
Your jeep looks great waxed up in red,and as for tyres its amazing how much more money they want for 17" tyres over the 16", i have upgraded to 17"s for the street and use my 16" with at's for off road and winter loads more choice in tyres and cheaper .

Even size for 16" wheels can be an issue. If it's not common, then it's expensive. I gotta put tires on my fiance's Grand Cherokee this month too, and she has 225/75/16 on it, which seems like an odd size(narrow) to me, especially for a Grand Cherokee, and prices on that size is as much as they are for my 17". I've been considering putting a considerably wider tire like a 245/70 or 255/65 on hers if I can find a good tire that costs less than those 225's.

Last edited:

Karena Shipos

Reaction score
Sharp!

WOW! That sure is sharp, what are the wheels on it? I am still looking to replace my stock ones that are starting to get surface rust. I have great meaty tires so just need the rims

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanna share your wash/wax routine with us? Which brand, what else done, how long it took, etc.. You made it very close to Blake's.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanna share your wash/wax routine with us? Which brand, what else done, how long it took, etc.. You made it very close to Blake's.

Bah, mine will never look as nice as his, he makes more of an art out of it. Notice my dirty inner fenders. ;)

I tried a product I never used before. Rain-X Bug and Tar, Pre-wash Gel. I wasn't all that impressed really. You spray it on 3-5 minutes ahead of washing, and then wash normally, and it's supposed to take bugs and tar with it. It took some off, it actually did better on tar than bugs. So I went with the tried and true Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover, it's more hand work, but it works better in my opinion.

Wash was with Turtle Wax F21 Super Car Wash. It seems to be good stuff, no film or residue left behind.

Wax was Mother's California Gold Carnuba Wax. I started initially applying it with a small orbital buffer that I have, but I didn't like how it was going on, and it was only working ok with the larger panels like the hood, so I went back to applying and removing everything by hand, one body panel at a time, front to back, removing the spare also. I think I only spent about 1 1/2 hours waxing. Like I said in my first post, I plan to clay bar it and wax it again before we get snow, so I didn't take too much time doing it, knowing I'll be doing it again anyway.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a whole production and looks like you see the results!

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeep looking great, reminds me i need to wash mine. You will love those geolander tires. What size are you going with?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.