Frankie's Coming to Town

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dang tired of waiting
ship that thing up here so it can be done already !!!:emotions122::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I thank you for your pain (truly) but the wait is agonizing to us too LOL.

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make it happen soldiers. Is a directed orther. Lol jk
We are as anxy as you to see the finished product.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got out of class early today so we had Christmas time and opened all the packages to make sure everything was there. My only question is about the extended rear bumpstops that come in the Franky. Do these go on the top because I know the hockey pucks are definitely going on the bottom? We're starting early tomorrow about 0900 so the evening will be for celebrating.:signs1: I took some before shots today and did a quick measure to see where she sits currently. 18.25 front and rear. As stated before, many pics will ensue after installation is done. **EDIT** Nevermind about the bumpstops, I'm an idiot.:Stupid Me: Lack of sleep truly will be the death of me.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
what do you mean by " can't get it on?
on the bottom of the shock or on as in can't get it pulled in enough to get the bottom clevis bolt in?
If above then yes rachet straps will pull it in, drivers side is always the worst side , you think it won't go at all but it will be alright

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ratchet strap helped but the drivers side was a beast to get in. That was a learning experience. Started raining a little after we finished the front end. The back was cake. Air tools would be the better alternative for his job if you have them available. Rust was a a bear on some of the various nuts and bolts. She rides great. It's raining currently so I'll take pics if it clears. Surprisingly we got the alignment really close. Still have to go get one on Monday.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, here are the few pics I have thus far.
You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL]/[/IMG]
And someone decided to be funny when I wasn't looking...

I had one tiny clunk going over bumps but found that and resolved the issue (re-torqued the pass side strut nuts.) I parked next to a KJ at wal-mart this morning. Haha! It looked so tiny next to mine.:evil: Couldn't take a pic with it still raining. I love the ride. I'm excited to feel the difference after the alignment. I shed blood on this install. This Jeep is mine now.:cheers: Oh side note: To add to the day before it even began I ran over a carpenter's nail right before pulling in to the house where the work was done. Fortunately one of the guys helping had the stuff to repair the tire. Good as new.

Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Freekin' Awesomness :D

Woot! Quite a sense of accomplishment to go along with a sweet lookin ride huh? Congrats!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well done - what a nice KJ :peace:

Now you'll get obsessive with Rustoleum Hammered Black rattle cans on the suspension components - you're able to see the rusty stuff now that it's lifted up above the rice burners :idiot:

Great job, bro!

Bob

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well done - what a nice KJ :peace:

Now you'll get obsessive with Rustoleum Hammered Black rattle cans on the suspension components - you're able to see the rusty stuff now that it's lifted up above the rice burners :idiot:

Great job, bro!

Bob

Haha! I already have 3 cans lined up waiting for the next weekend. Yeah I was disgusted with how much rust I've found thus far. IT NEVER ENDS.:roflsquared: