Frankenlift Hardware

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric af blkltd

Reaction score
Ok so I've been browsing online the past few days reading up on the Frankenlift. Just curious about all the attachment hardware thats included with the kit. If I were to buy everything separately from other places, am I ok with just reusing my old hardware (washers, stock strut plates, etc) with the exception of getting new lock nuts?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Franken lift uses OME HD coils, .75in spacer, daystar upper strut plate, shocks, rear ome HD coils, and rear shocks.

Ive been toying with the idea of using my OME medium duty springs that I have laying around and putting a franken lift together. All I need is the spacer and the daystar plate.

eric af blkltd

Reaction score
Do you really have to use the daystar plate up front or would reusing the stock strut plate be fine? I just finished looking at all the things needed for a standard Franky: ome927 & 948 f&r hd coils, rancho rsx17004 & 17505 shocks/struts, daystar spacer p/n kj09119 and the daystar rear bumpstops from All J and that all came out to $665.56...that price is with s&h included. I would just reuse my hardware from the stock assy...I think I might be buying a lift sooner than I thought! :D

eric af blkltd

Reaction score
Man its been a long time since I've been on the forums! Military can keep you busy sometimes...but since I've been away for so long this is what has happened to my KJ:

Driver side LBJ failed while driving down the road...F*!#ed up my suspension/driveline/body damage!!!
A couple of studs on the wheel spacers I had sheared off...almost lost a wheel!!!

After the LBJ deal I had gotten deployed and my dad was taking care of the jeep. They convinced him while I was gone that since it was the ball joint that failed, they would eat the bill for ALL the new suspension/driveline parts and assy. However, it was the lift that helped the LBJ fail prematurely so they recommended putting all stock suspension back on. :( My KJ is no longer lifted...

Thats why...the dealership had done work on it while I was gone and put everything back to stock. I guess I couldn't really complain...I spend maybe 800 on lift and tires and they spent around 3500...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
use OME Heavy Duty springs and all the stock mounting hardware then with Rancho shocks / struts etc. you can also add a clevis lift and something like a Rustys top plate ( I made my own) which is 1/4 inch thick and will give you 1/2 inch of extra lift all of this will be way cheaper than a Frankenlift. Right now mine is running 255-70X16 tires with the above lift, tires are 30 inches tall , parked beside a friend of mine with 245-75 16 MTRs ( which is a taller tire) and a Frankenlift and I was 1/2 inch taller Oh by the way mine has over 60,000 miles and a ARB hanging on the front.